View Full Version : Does Anyone Know This Coach: Albie Minkovitz?

montanarose
07-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I just heard that Albie Minkovitz will be a guest coach at an adult skating camp I hope to attend in August (assuming my wrist is healed and my confidence is back . . . I'm more optimistic about the former than the latter, BTW!).

She currently coaches at the Babson Skating Club in Framingham MA. I was just curious to see if anyone here knows her.

Ellen

icedancer2
07-07-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't know who she is, but I think the Babson Skating Club is in Wellesley, not Framingham.

Where is this Adult training camp being held?

montanarose
07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Where is this Adult training camp being held?

It's the Aspen (CO) Adult Week, being held from August 8-12. I attended last year and it was wonderful. I had been eagerly anticipating returning this year until I fell and broke my wrist in late May. Although I'm now out of my cast and just in a wrist brace, I've been forbidden to skate for at least another week. If I can get back on the ice, regain some of my endurance and skills and am not too much of a head case :lol: I still plan to attend.

Ellen

blue111moon
07-08-2005, 07:16 AM
I've never taken lessons from Albie but I've been on the ice when she was coaching others and know her enough to talk to. She's nice, funny and very upbeat. She used to coach an adult sychro team (and maybe still does) that she wanted me to join but I couldn't fit the times into my schedule.