View Full Version : Should we start a "Lessons/Practices of the Week"

SandraD
04-06-2002, 08:50 AM
Remember our old thread "Lessons/Practices of the week......(date)? Should we start this once again? If so, I should NOT be the one to post it each week because I rarely get to skate these days. UGH

Sandra

melanieuk
04-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Good idea. :P
Maybe you should start it by month, rather than weekly, till more people join in?

I have 2 lessons a week and skate 4 days a week, so I always have something to moan about, or be frustrated at - see axel thread!

At the moment, all the youngsters are off school, so I get to see them at the rink. Usually I share the ice with just a few people. Anyway, skating with the kids is always different as I have an excuse to do teapots AKA shoot the ducks, up and down the ice if I want to. And not look daft trying to do sit spins a la Stephane Lambiel. :roll:

I skated yesterday for an hour and a half, mainly working on my next test stuff. I'm in the UK, so I do NISA tests. I'm working on Bronze level 2 (and level 3 ) Free programme which is 1.5 mins long.
Also the Bronze level 3 field moves, and level 3 elements.
The elements part consists of loop, flip, flip-toeloop, parallel spin, backspin and step sequence. The spins are letting me down at the moment.
The toe loop is always my least favourite jump, but it is a challenge for me to perfect.

Due to having young children who are off school, and no babysitter, my skating this week will be curtailed.
I hope to skate on Monday - my birthday. Another year closer to taking up Dance! 8O

SandraD
04-06-2002, 02:21 PM
melanieuk, we used to do this starting around 1998, I think. In fact, Jim kept, on disk, a large portion of the posts on our weekly thread. Actually, he has the record I posted regarding my very first lesson.....which resulted in the head banger. Lisa T had even constructed a site for us Headbangers/Klutzes......sort of an extension of Rinkside. (Jim just mentioned that he mailed the copies of our posts to Lisa T then he thinks he deleted them. Darn. However, we'll check just in case). I tried to contact Lisa but the letter was returned. It would be nice to locate her.

As for how often we should post, guess we can play that by ear. The thread became so long it was necessary for us to begin one weekly. I used to start it (when skating often), on Sunday. After time passed, we took turns. If you want, I'll start it tomorrow and then you all can "have the honors" :wink:

BFN,

Sandra

Vice President of the Headbangers/Klutz Club

lisabelle
04-06-2002, 03:58 PM
i think it's a good idea and it will get some conversation going in here.

Schmeck
04-06-2002, 06:11 PM
Sandra, bless you for taking the initiative! I really have missed making fun of my skating every week :wink:

And I'll have soooo much to tell - show practice, the actual show itself, spring ice, and hopefully some private lessons with Alice this summer :D

Schmeck, who has to wear fishnet stockings in the show 8O

Mel On Ice
06-02-2002, 09:05 AM
OMG! Schmeck! Sandra D! Wow! Maybe the demise of FSW turned out to be a good thing, I'm seeing names I haven't seen in forever!

Mrs Redboots
06-02-2002, 10:39 AM
[quote:27d98f778f="Schmeck"]Sandra, bless you for taking the initiative! I really have missed making fun of my skating every week :wink:
[/quote:27d98f778f]Er, did nobody other than me see the thread that was devoted to just this over the last week? It was, if I recall correctly, called "Minging/Marvellous: Lessons-Practices 24-31 May" and seems to have run to two pages.

I've taken the liberty of starting one for this week, called "Great or Grotty"