View Full Version : Calgary? lol

*IceDancer1419*
07-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey... so this weekend I'm going up to Calgary for a week for my brother to go to a speedskating camp... it's at the Olympic Oval. But I checked the public session times, and they only really have a session at 7:30, from 7:30-9:00 :( I'd loooove to do some skating during the DAY.

So. Is anyone on this board from Calgary, or know the general area? I've found a list of rinks, but can't tell which ar eclosest to the Olympic Oval and the University of Calgary in general (we're staying somewhere around there and I don't *think* we're getting acar, though I could be wrong)... and also the list I have is slightly dinky and doesn't list websites (not that they all necessarily HAVE sites, but... even those that do have no links ;) )

Thanks!!!

luna_skater
07-04-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm from Calgary, and I happen to work at the University (right next to the Oval!). ;)

You could take the C-Train to SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology). It costs $2.00 to take the train each way, and it costs $2.00 to skate there from 10:00am to 11:30am., Monday to Thursday. The train gets off right next to the arena. It's technically public ice, but last time I went, there were just 3 of us figure skaters there.

There are loads of rinks in the city that have day-time ice, but pick-up fees are expensive, and not all rinks allow guest skaters. You can spend $2.00 to skate at SAIT for 1.5 hours, or $12.00 to skate for an hour at Jimmie Condon in the south.

Let me know if you have more questions!