View Full Version : Anyone from Florida?

*IceDancer1419*
06-29-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm going on vacation to Destin or Sandestin or SOMETHING like that in Florida... I don't particularly want to go (I'm weird, I'd rather stay home... though it's mroe for the ice than anything)

Does anyone know of ice rinks nearby? Can't be far away, because my dad will throw a fit. He might throw one anyways. But I just want to know. GRAH WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO ON A VACATION!??!? (I feel so spoiled and ungrateful now. sigh)

jenlyon60
06-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Check Skateweb (http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb)

But not sure there is any rink to speak of in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area.

SkateFan123
06-30-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm going on vacation to Destin or Sandestin or SOMETHING like that in Florida... I don't particularly want to go (I'm weird, I'd rather stay home... though it's mroe for the ice than anything)

Does anyone know of ice rinks nearby? Can't be far away, because my dad will throw a fit. He might throw one anyways. But I just want to know. GRAH WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO ON A VACATION!??!? (I feel so spoiled and ungrateful now. sigh)

http://www.geocities.com/skatetoit/ftwalton/ FT Walton Skate Center

Ft. Walton Beach Skating Center
202 Racetrack Rd. NW
Ft. Walton Beach, FL 32548
Phone: (850) 863-1222

Ice T
06-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi there! I live in Florida and travel to the Desin area often because I have family there. There are no ice rinks in that area. In fact, there is nothing anywhere remotely close.

However, that area is probably the most beautiful area in the whole state. The beaches are perfect, the water is aqua blue, and there are a ton of things to do. I love it there!!

Enjoy your trip! The ice at home will be waiting for you when you return, so enjoy one of the best beaches in the country!

Ice T :)

Mrs Redboots
06-30-2005, 09:02 AM
I do sympathise, IceDancer1419, but honestly, your skating will be the better for a short break! You always assume you'll forget how, but honestly, you don't! I'm sure your teacher will tell you to have a great holiday and forget all about skating. Perhaps they'll have some off-ice exercises to give you that you can keep up, so that you won't lose your fitness, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of other things to do.

Have a lovely time, and we'll look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Casey
06-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm sure your teacher will tell you to have a great holiday and forget all about skating.
Maybe the teacher enjoys the great holiday from the student?? ;) :twisted:

Mrs Redboots
07-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Maybe the teacher enjoys the great holiday from the student?? ;) :twisted:Only partly, shouldn't wonder - they might not enjoy the loss of income!