View Full Version : change camel question...

*JennaD*
06-28-2005, 09:35 AM
hey!

I just learned how to do a change camel...and the problem is...when I go into the back camel, I stop spinning completely! I don't know why my coach taught me the change camel when my normal camel is horrible (!!) but anyway...does anyone have any tips to help me spin on the back camel?

thanks!!

-Jenna

stardust skies
06-28-2005, 04:27 PM
You cannot just switch legs. You need to whip your leg back towards the motion of the spin when you switch and are lifting your leg up for the back camel. That is what initiates the spin to continue rotating. Practice other change-foot spins (upright, sit...) and try to get a feel of this change of axis rotation. You might also want to try back camels on their own. They are harder than from a change foot, but if you might grasp the concept easier and then apply it to change-foot camels. The quality of your forward camel does not really affect the quality of your back camel, and by practicing the change-foot camel, you'll work more on your forward camel and it will get better, especially since you're working on something harder. Good luck!

vesperholly
06-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Do a wide step into the back camel.

NickiT
06-29-2005, 02:52 AM
My problem with this is that I cannot get the correct position for the back camel. I spin OK but my leg just won't go up! It's annoying because I do my backward spiral in the same position as the back camel and find it easier than my forward spiral position, but in a spinning situation it feels so hard to get!

Nicki

flo
06-29-2005, 08:28 AM
I also had a hard time learning the flying camel. I liked the flying part, but it was that pesky spin. Since I liked the fly part, my coach showed me how to jump into the back camel from the front camel. Then I learned the flying camel. Also, I didn't like the three turn-step entry, I do a right outside counter then step with the left and fly.