View Full Version : The Dress!!

phoenix
06-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Many thanks to everyone who sweated it out w/ me during the Fiasco of Phoenix's Custom Dress!!

Here are some photos from the competition, I tried to find ones that showed the front & the back. You can't really tell in the photos, but it has a handkerchief skirt.

I like the dress a lot & got a lot of compliments on it, though I may still have it taken in more, as it's still plenty loose. I think it makes me look heavier than I am (don't need any help there!!!)

photo 1 (http://www.communiquegraphics.com/skating/Picture_12.jpg)

photo 2 (http://www.communiquegraphics.com/skating/Picture_9.jpg)

photo 3 (http://www.communiquegraphics.com/skating/Picture_7.jpg)

Michigansk8er
06-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Great dress!!!!!

montanarose
06-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Awesome dress -- very unusual -- and such a great color on you!

Ellen

aussieskater
06-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Wow!! Sure was worth the wait. And the neckline is beautiful. Did you pass the test you needed the dress for?

twokidsskatemom
06-27-2005, 11:00 PM
It looks great on you !!!!!!!! Hopefully next time she will be faster !!!

phoenix
06-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh, never fear, there will NOT be a next time!! I'm not going through that again. I'll find someone local.

The dress was for a competition a week ago (though I did pass a milestone test 3 weeks ago--yay, me!). It went well & I enjoyed it. But I will definitely use the dress for future tests--I think it will be a great Starlight Waltz dress!

dbny
06-27-2005, 11:55 PM
That is a gorgeous dress, and it looks great on you!

TashaKat
06-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Those are great photos and it's a great dress. I hope that it was worth the sweat and tears that it caused, it certainly looks stunning :D

Congratulations on the test ..... YAY YOU http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/d045.gif

jazzpants
06-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Oh, phoenix! It looks LOVELY on you, especially in the first picture!!! Just lovely!!! :D

Thin-Ice
06-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Phoenix--

You look GORGEOUS in this! Even if you're not thrilled with this dress, remember the rest of us (including judges and audience) are seeing it from a distance and are getting a different effect. The line of the bodice makes you look long and slim, but the length of the skirt makes you look statuesque.

And if you ever wanted to do an artistic/interpretive program, you could add a few stones around the seams where the aqua and nude come together and it would make a stunning competition dress to a piece of wonderfully flow-y music.

Mrs Redboots
06-28-2005, 07:50 AM
It really is lovely! I, too, think Picture 1 is simply glorious. You look wonderful in it, and so-o-o-o slim!

phoenix
06-28-2005, 09:09 AM
The line of the bodice makes you look long and slim, but the length of the skirt makes you look statuesque.

hee hee, actually I'm pretty stauesque all on my own--I'm 6 feet tall! :oops: But I love that word, & will use it to describe myself from here on out.

thank you for all the nice comments. :)

*JennaD*
06-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Wow...that's a beautiful dress!! :D

Mel On Ice
06-28-2005, 12:35 PM
you look marvelous!

samba
06-28-2005, 12:39 PM
You look lovely, I'm really starting to get a taste for the longer dresses, they flow so well.

kittie067
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Great dress! I love the color!

Hope it gives you good luck!!

Congrats!!

~kittie

crayonskater
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
That is a very beautiful and flattering dress! Glad it worked out!

Sk8pdx
06-28-2005, 10:43 PM
What a beautiful dress! :D I like the longer skirt length. It is very flattering and you look very graceful.

florence
06-29-2005, 08:33 AM
I relaly like the dress!
it fit you very well ;)

*IceDancer1419*
06-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh wow it's BEAUTIFUL. I love the longer skirt... I loooove dance length skirts (not that I"m in any way, shape, or form biased :P :roll: )

Wow you ARE statuesque! :) The dress looks lovely on you! You don't look "heavy" at all! :)

slusher
07-01-2005, 10:16 AM
I absolutely love that dress and promise to steal certain ideas from it for my own next dress. Isn't that a backwards compliment!

I like the neckline, and since I have flabby bits that shouldn't be exposed to daylight, using nude or illusion would work very well for me. I also like the longer skirt. My current dance dress (Tango) has a longer skirt and I thought it was too long, it seemed like so much fabric. However I am also tall so can carry it off, I think!

The dressmaker in me can see that it could have been more firm through the middle, you do look nice and slim but I know what you mean about feeling extra fabric. Overall though, I'm glad that it turned out well and also that it turned up on time!