View Full Version : Bronze moves test

flying~camel
06-23-2005, 06:11 PM
I passed my Bronze moves test on the 1st try today! :D

(and Mel On Ice was trial judging during my test ;))

Terri C
06-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Congratulations!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
I hope to take my Bronze moves at some point this summer!
Just curious, what was the hardest move for you?

dbny
06-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Congratulations! There's nothing like passing the first time.

MusicSkateFan
06-23-2005, 07:07 PM
You are giving me hope for July 24th! I hope I can do the same on my Bronze Moves! Big Congrats! Get busy on Freestyle!!! :)

Casey
06-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Congratulations!!!

flying~camel
06-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Just curious, what was the hardest move for you?

I think the Power 3s was the one that I was really nervous about, but I made it through without any major problems ;)

Get busy on Freestyle!!! :)

So far, the plan is to take the freestyle test at the end of July. I would've taken it today, but since I'm competing on Saturday, I didn't want to juggle two programs.

jazzpants
06-23-2005, 08:31 PM
YAAAAY!! Congrats flying~camel!!! :D (And jealous too, since I've already taken the test last year and was far from passing the test. And yes, those forward power 3's are what's keeping me from testing for the longest time too...) :twisted:

I'll be joining the lot of you guys who are planning to take the Bronze Moves test this year. Mine will likely be in the Sept/Oct timeframe though... (after the regionals deadlines...) ;)

Mel On Ice
06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
she was excellent ;)

Debbie S
06-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Congratulations! Way to go!

I think the Power 3s was the one that I was really nervous about, but I made it through without any major problems ;)

So far, the plan is to take the freestyle test at the end of July. I would've taken it today, but since I'm competing on Saturday, I didn't want to juggle two programs.

I'll join this club (The Power 3's-Challenged). That's probably my worst of the moves. The BO to FO transition on the 5-step gives me fits, too. I took a big splat on my knee practicing that last night. I also realized that I need to pay more attention to the lobe pattern on the 5-step and back perimeter - I'm way off the "red-dot line".

Even if/when I pass moves, it'll probably be a while before I'll be able to take FS and actually pass - the backspin and I don't get along.

skaternum
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Way to go, flying~camel!!! Bronze is pretty tricky, with those power 3's. You did great, I'm sure!

How long until the freeskate test? IOW, make sure you get your butt to Dallas! :D

Mrs Redboots
06-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Congratulations!!!!! That's great news.

NickiT
06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Wonderful news. Well done :bow:

Nicki

sk8er1964
06-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Woo hoo flying~camel!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: