View Full Version : jumps?

Kit kat
06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
well i learned flip loop and lutz the other day.

For flip, i can rotate once around, no problem, but i cant land it. I land on 2 feet.

for loop, i cant go from backwards crossovers. I can do it from a 3 turn but i always jump off of 2 feet and same thing with the flip, cant land it well. My coah says my free leg is not getting pulled in.

and for lutz... It the same problems.
Can someone help?

luna_skater
06-22-2005, 09:40 PM
I just learned the flip and lutz as well. I find that I have to really concentrate on the following to avoid two-foot landings:

BEND both legs when you pick in
Really think of lifting your non-picking knee into the air. If I forget this, I end up trying to jump off two feet.
Keep your right arm (assumig you land right) strong forward and your left arm checked back.

Good luck! My flips and lutzes don't have a lot of flow on the landings, but I'm making it around on one foot most of the time.

Can't help you with the loop; I'm only doing it from the three-turn so far.

doubletoe
06-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Work on your backspin. It's difficult and boring, but it is guaranteed to give you the feeling of rotating backward over your landing hip, which is what you have to do on all 3 of those jumps.

Melzorina
06-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Backspins are damn scary! I do feel that it's rather satisfying when you get a few revolutions.

MusicSkateFan
06-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Pic Jumps...skate into the toe pic....I think of reaching back with toe pic leg and keeping it strait like a pole vaulter's pole. Jump with legs and not your back! Make sure you are fully rotating....the two-footed landings when I first learned were usually due to under-rotation. Concentrate on the height not the rotation...when you draw your arms in that will give you the necessary rotation. The "h" position will give you lift.

Sal and loop are foundation jumps for me....the toe jumps are just either toe assisted sal or toe assisted loop.. As long as you have the correct edge for the lutz!

My jump coach always says"It's all in the take-off"