View Full Version : Wonder what their thinking?

Chico
06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Have you ever wondered WHAT your coach is thinking when they watch you skate. (Dang that girl is hopesless! WOW, she IS talented! Good grief, WHY did I agree to coach HER? I love coaching this girl, she has a great attitude and is a hard worker! What do I need at the grocery store?) I have nightmares that it's, "There is NO hope!" =-)

What are your thoughts.

Chico

Kit kat
06-16-2005, 10:55 PM
my coach says " that was beautiful!"
he thinks " gosh i dont know how much longer i can lie like this"
haha

Casey
06-17-2005, 01:50 AM
My coach always says, "That was good, the only thing to work on that would make it textbook-perfect is ..."

...but what she's thinking is...

"Oh god, there's too many things wrong with that to count! Well, we've got to start somewhere...might as well start with the most obvious, because it hurts my eyes to see..."

flippet
06-17-2005, 08:40 AM
What do I need at the grocery store?

Ha ha ha! Honestly, it's probably something like this more than we'd care to know! :lol:

I know that when I was pseudo-coaching a friend (really, just trying to assist her on a regular basis), my thoughts usually ran to 'how on earth do I translate this idea into a concept that she'll understand?'

skaternum
06-17-2005, 09:07 AM
One of my coaches is undoubtedly thinking, "Ka-ching. That's another Lexus payment in the bank."

Another one of my coaches must be thinking, "She's improved. Da** I'm good!"

And the third must surely be thinking, "If it's called 'adult skating,' why don't they act like ADULTS."

Guesses, but probably pretty accurate. :lol:

LoopLoop
06-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Mine is probably thinking "AAARRRGHH!"

Melzorina
06-17-2005, 10:00 AM
I haven't seen mine in two weeks...hopefully tomorrow!
He tends to think aloud most of the time, eg hitting the boards with force and saying "Why are women so complicated?" and then looks away... with him being waaay taller than me, even if I jump up and down like a maniac waving my arms up and down, it doesn't attract attention.

jazzpants
06-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Primary coach trying to get me to go on a really deep edge on my forward crossovers while holding onto my hand to stablize me:

What he said: "What!?!?! Why do you look so frightened?" :lol:
What he's probably thinking: "She looks frightened enough! GOOD!!! I did my job for today!!!" :twisted:

Secondary coach says about my power 3's: "There's a lot of improvments on your forward power 3's."
What she's thinking: "Oh, man! Do you need power!!! You're still are a long way off from taking that tests!!!"

Both coaches on my sit spins:

What they say: "Okay, go do a sit spin!"
What they're thinking: "I wanna see if you're gonna make that spin face again!!!" :twisted:

Skate@Delaware
06-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Good thing I'm the only one in the office today--laughed like a crazy person at these! Wait a minute--I'm an adult skater-'nuf said

My coach gets a crazed glint in her eye before some lessons and I know she's thinking "adult skaters-here's today's torture..." :twisted:

CanAmSk8ter
06-17-2005, 01:15 PM
I never need to wonder. My coach isn't exactly known for keeping his thoughts to himself ;)

Of course, it works both ways- when he says something is better, I know it really is. And when he actually says something is "good", I figure we won't be workng on that much longer, because it's ready to test. We all joke that he's tougher than any judge any of us have ever met.

TashaKat
06-17-2005, 01:50 PM
I never need to wonder. My coach isn't exactly known for keeping his thoughts to himself ;)

Yep, mine were like that too! I was never in any doubt, ever, what they were thinking even if it was "I really fancy a bacon and mushroom buttie" :roll: My brother stayed with me for a night when he was on his way to the US so we called into the rink first (had to get my fix). One of the first things that she did was to give him directions to the nearest caff with a list of breakfasts and drinks to bring back! He was so gobsmacked that he went 8O

Moto Guzzi
06-17-2005, 01:56 PM
What she says: "That's really coming along now!"

What she's thinking: "Could she be any more incompetent? I should start wearing a bag over my head during her lesson before she ruins my reputation as a coach."

Anita18
06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I haven't had my coach long enough to really add anything, but a funny moment came when a young on-ice coach passed by me yelling at her teen skater to arch her back during crossovers. (Funny that I have the opposite problem...but anyway..) Out of earshot and view of her student, she threw her hands up and went, "ARGH!" out of frustration cause her skater wasn't arching her back enough, LOL.

Casey
06-17-2005, 03:37 PM
What she says: "That's really coming along now!"

What she's thinking: "Could she be any more incompetent? I should start wearing a bag over my head during her lesson before she ruins my reputation as a coach."

*coughs, chokes, and spits milk all over the computer screen* Hahahahaha, that's the best one yet! :bow:

Chico
06-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I love all of these. I KNOW my coach must think all the above. It's good we can laugh at ourselves. I'm positive I'm dinner time humor on a regular basis!

Chico

starskate6.0
06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I have several coaches. But one of them ( a former Olympian ) I love getting a lesson from her, there is so much input even when i don't get a lesson. :D I had thoughts about her a long time ago ( a little crush , she knows it too). ;) That was a long time ago....... ;) 88 I think, we have a little laugh about that. . I often wonder what she thinks about that but we are good friends....and she has improved my skating.. :D :mrgreen:

Shinn-Reika
06-18-2005, 12:29 AM
"He's fallen 50 times in the past 20 minutes and he's till going on..."