View Full Version : Yay!

Kit kat
06-16-2005, 06:59 PM
YAYY! the reason that i couldnt spin on the ball of my skate wasnt me! it was my blade!! YAY!

and now im working on my flip.
and my loop.

how do u do a loop from backwards crossovers. I jump off of 2 feet and cant break the habit !

CoolbugSuz
06-16-2005, 08:07 PM
What was wrong with your blade, Kit?

Congrats on learning those 2 jumps...they're on my "to do" list once I get to that point... :)

Suz

dbny
06-16-2005, 11:49 PM
YAYY! the reason that i couldnt spin on the ball of my skate wasnt me! it was my blade!! YAY!

and now im working on my flip.
and my loop.

how do u do a loop from backwards crossovers. I jump off of 2 feet and cant break the habit !

Great!

To break the two foot takeoff habit, try the loop from a FI three, leaving your free leg in front. When you've got that down, go back to working in it from BXO's.

jazzpants
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Kit Kat: Practice BO3 on the foot that you're supposed to do the loop from. If you're like everyone else, you jump CCW, so it would be your RBO3!!! Then gradually do BO3 -- but lift up to your toepicks when you turn to the other direction (so when you're facing forward, your on your toepicks.) The rest is just jumping off that toepick a half turn and VOILA!!! Instand Loop Jump!!!DBNY: I'm embarrassed to admit that I have YET to learn to do a loop jump from a FI3 entry. It's just too weird for me!!! :oops:

Mel On Ice
06-17-2005, 01:08 PM
I wanted to post because I loved the tag line. I'm learning the loop from the two feet thing now after learning it from an inside 3. All I can say is concentrate on having your weight over on your right side, and check that right arm back strongly to help you get a good spring.