View Full Version : Anyone want to check out my Spins, and Where to Get Good Wrist brace

rf3ray
06-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey anyone want to check out my spins 30 mins to me getting my wrist cast off?? www.sk8rland.com/users/ray/2005_06_07/, btw does anyone know of a good wrist brace for Iceskating?

icecatepairs
06-07-2005, 10:53 PM
checked it out...i just wanted to point out that you have your casted hand under the uncasted one in the crosseed position. just check if thats the way you used to do it and maybe ask your coach which way they want in the jump position. i spent a good 4 months soinning in a cast and as aresult got used to th injured arm on the inside, so now i actually cross my arms like that in axle and 2/1 sal....but in 2/1 flip and 2/1 lutz i cross the other way. i hardly notice it but its sometimes a problem on the check out...mostly on throw jump entrances as well. might wan to make a mental note of it. anyway the brace i used was a padded splint . you can buy it at any good medical supply store, but if you ask your dr. for one for skating when they cut the cast off maybe your insurance will cover it. good luck

Casey
06-08-2005, 12:14 AM
I have some recent ones at:
http://sk8rland.com/users/kc/video/2005-06-06/

Sucky though :/