View Full Version : Results from France yet ?

starskate6.0
06-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Adults
Is there any word on the results from france yet. I thinks they skated yesterday :roll: Might be a bit early.......

NoVa Sk8r
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Congrats to icecatepairs and her partner, who won the gold pairs event--and I heard that they did amazing press and platter lifts!

She also won her freestyle...

starskate6.0
06-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks Nova
Im off to germany tomorrow, guess Ill find out there,

RXSkater
06-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Still no word from France? Does anybody have ANY news?

2loop2loop
06-10-2005, 10:39 AM
I got back yesterday, having waved off those who were lucky enough to be going on to Oberstdorf on the bus (I'm too young to compete in Germany)

As ever the Mountain Cup was an absolute blast, great competition, great parties, great people, great food etc etc. If you weren't there don't make the same mistake next year!

Too many results for me to list here or even remember, but all the skating forums skaters did great. I for my sins got silver in masters 1 freeskate (in which I did the 2loop2loop so the screen name can stay) and silver again in masters interp.

I'm sure there will be more news when the Oberstdorf crowd get back.

John

sk8er1964
06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Still no word from France? Does anybody have ANY news?

I know my shared pairs partner and his European pairs partner won the Silver pairs event. That's all the news I have, though.

2loop2loop
06-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I know my shared pairs partner and his European pairs partner won the Silver pairs event. That's all the news I have, though.

You skate with him too? Man, that guy is the ultimate pairs slut :lol:

John

sk8er1964
06-10-2005, 02:30 PM
You skate with him too? Man, that guy is the ultimate pairs slut :lol:

John

:lol: Yeah, and he loves every minute of it.

skaternum
06-10-2005, 03:46 PM
:lol: Yeah, and he loves every minute of it.Heck, he even had a shirt made up with pics of him & all the women he's skated with!

samba
06-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I got back yesterday, having waved off those who were lucky enough to be going on to Oberstdorf on the bus (I'm too young to compete in Germany)
John

Lucky you John, another few years and I will be too old :cry: !! I cant believe they have a maximum age limit I hope it doesnt catch on, do they think us oldies should stay at home and knit all day?

It's 5.30 am and I am getting ready to go to the rink, better make the most of it while I can.

Missing my long chats with Mrs Redboots.

Anyway well done
Grace

NoVa Sk8r
06-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Results are posted:
http://www.gerfsc.com/mountcup/mc05results.htm

sk8pics
06-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Lucky you John, another few years and I will be too old :cry: !! I cant believe they have a maximum age limit I hope it doesnt catch on, do they think us oldies should stay at home and knit all day?

Well, they at least said at the closing banquet in Oberstdorf that the max age was going to be increased to 70, so that's something at least!

Pat

Mel On Ice
06-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Heck, he even had a shirt made up with pics of him & all the women he's skated with!

that's awesome~!

Mrs Redboots
06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Heck, he even had a shirt made up with pics of him & all the women he's skated with!They must be very small pictures.....

Seriously, though, it was great. It feels like a long time ago, so much has happened since. But there were some great parties, mostly in said gentleman's apartment, which was immediately below ours! And as for the Sunday night party chez Anita..... I think I still have the hangover!

I've got shedloads of photos from both the MC & O'dorf, which I'll post somewhere when I get round to it. If I have photos of you, whoever "you" are, I'll try to e-mail them to you.

The sad bit is that I didn't do very well - Husband and I danced really badly on the Friday evening, partly because they didn't give us the proper tune for the Canasta (we made our point, somewhat forcibly, that NISA requires us to use ISU Tango music to test & compete these dances, and we had all trained using it, and since there were only British dancers, we wanted to use the music we'd trained to. Fortuniately the judges saw our point). And we haven't had time to watch the video to see who went wrong in the Swing Dance - did I do 3 chassés? Did Husband just stop (which has happened before)? We skated really well on the Saturday, but I'm told our Mohawks were out of synch in the Fiesta (doesn't surprise me) and we were always going to struggle with the Willow. Made it through 3 sequences, though, which surprised me, although I nearly muffed the last RFO3. But made it, albeit way out of time, and then actually managed to hold the last Mohawk for 3 beats each edge, which has never happened before! (With the NJS, you get higher base marks for each successive sequence, so I might have scored better under that!). Alas, Other Woman & her Husband are still better than us, and we are playing catch-up!

As for the Interp, our panel (BlueIIIMoon also suffered) wanted to reward good skating, not just clowning around, so I placed last. Alas.... Skating first didn't help much, either.

But all the same, it was fun.

Camp was awesome. I discovered my weight is always too far forward on my skates, which is why I can't go very fast. How to correct this is another story! But the coaches gave us some great tweaks for our free dance - if only we can remember them tomorrow when we get back on the ice! Ah well...

But I wish I lived in Oberstdorf - they have an hour's open ice-dance session every single day for only €3.00!!!!

kiwibabe
06-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Results are posted:
http://www.gerfsc.com/mountcup/mc05results.htm

YAY!

Sue Hoseit skates at my club (Dunedin Ice Skating Club, NZ) and she got 1st in Silver ladies III + IV and 1st in silver figures.

icecatepairs
06-16-2005, 12:21 AM
hey nova skater...thanks for the posting /announcement of our results. :bow: it was hard to get internet acess back to the states as there is one internet cafe in town and it was closed because the owners son was getting married...that was all that driveby honking at the party!! it was my first international...not my partner he skated singles last year...and we had a blast...an i finally did something right in competition this year without jason next to me..( my first succesful singles skate in a while..i was starting to think i woud need to carry an imitaion partner with me to skate a good gold program.

anyway i saw johns 2/1 loop 2/1 loop...as a matter of fact i have it on tape and it was amazing...we got a chance to meet reallly great people from all over ., germany, switzerland , france , ecuador great britian, estonia (damn bill you get around) :oops: ...and it was a great chance to spend time with people we normally only see once a year at AN..i would do it again in a heartbeat....and can't wait for germany next year when my partner and i will not be restricted on the low end of the age group problems, we'll be old decrepit and elegible by then!!! :D

sk8er1964
06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
2/1 loop 2/1 loop...as a matter of fact i have it on tape and it was amazing...

Can you explain what this is please? This curious mind wants to know :P

2loop2loop
06-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Can you explain what this is please? This curious mind wants to know :P

Well since it was me I can tell you it was a 2loop2loop combo. I think icecatepairs has been burning the midnight oil to much with that middle of the night post! Hey Tara get some sleep :roll:

John

sk8er1964
06-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Well since it was me I can tell you it was a 2loop2loop combo. I think icecatepairs has been burning the midnight oil to much with that middle of the night post! Hey Tara get some sleep :roll:

John

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

(Just landed my first clean 2loop in 20+ years today :mrgreen: )

2loop2loop
06-16-2005, 05:00 PM
hey nova skater...thanks for the posting /announcement of our results. :bow: it was hard to get internet acess back to the states as there is one internet cafe in town and it was closed because the owners son was getting married...that was all that driveby honking at the party!! it was my first international...not my partner he skated singles last year...and we had a blast...an i finally did something right in competition this year without jason next to me..( my first succesful singles skate in a while..i was starting to think i woud need to carry an imitaion partner with me to skate a good gold program.

First successful singles skates. Tara is being too modest to point out that she nearly got a clean sweep in her events - 1st in free, improv and pairs and just a second in interp. That's with the free and pairs free really close together. After my free I needed a lie down with one of Becca's whisky nips, there no way I could go out and skate another program 30 minutes later especially with those amazing lifts :bow: :bow: :bow:

anyway i saw johns 2/1 loop 2/1 loop...as a matter of fact i have it on tape and it was amazing...

The only problem with that 2loop2loop combo is that is becoming a bit of a trade mark so the pressure gets greater everytime I do it. When Barbara wrote to me to ask if I was coming to the MC this year she mentioned the 2loop2loop I did last year in her message. She told me after this year's event that she was watching out of the announcer's booth to see if I repeated it this year.

Missed the danged double flip again though. This year I dropped my shoulder on the 3 turn going in and I knew it wasn't going to work so I didn't even jump - it was the biggest build up to a three turn you have ever seen!

we got a chance to meet reallly great people from all over ., germany, switzerland , france , ecuador great britian, estonia (damn bill you get around) :oops: ...and it was a great chance to spend time with people we normally only see once a year at AN..i would do it again in a heartbeat....and can't wait for germany next year when my partner and i will not be restricted on the low end of the age group problems, we'll be old decrepit and elegible by then!!! :D

Yep it was a great competition in France, and it was really good to meet you too. Unfortunately even with the lower age limit being 28 for the ISU event next year, I am still going to have to wait until 2008! Anyway I think I will have to come and watch next year all the same - don't want to miss out on all the fun.

At the end of competition:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~orie1117/100_0105.JPG

After the competition a bunch of us climbed a mountain overlooking Grenoble. I told everyone to look like figure skaters - the ones on the right are doing it better!

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~orie1117/100_0144.JPG

Party people

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~orie1117/100_0151.JPG

And the beautiful mountain village of Villard de Lans. The rink is right in the centre of the shot.

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~orie1117/100_0180.JPG

John

Mrs Redboots
06-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Here is a (rather blurry, sorry!) photo of Tara & Jason doing their thing:
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/TaraJason02.jpg

icecatepairs
06-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi everybody,
ok this time i will proofread or something, and yes john i am as usual burning the midnight oil...more like the 3:00 am oil on most nights. my emails get sloppy by the end of the night. hey...i have to pick up jason at 5:45 am for practice in the morning so we can share the blame can't we?

thanks again novaskater...funny litlle add on...one of the french coaches asked me at what point in the pairs program did i "loose it" (i think ihe means oxygen!) and i replied "after the press lift" to which he asked isn't that the first element!!!!!" Umm....yeah!!! i relied on J to carry me through as usual. hey I'm just the chick on top along for the ride.....

sorry about the confusing abbreviation of johns jump combo. In gymanstics (some of you know I am a gymnastics coach) we use these abbreviations in the code of points to note the number of twists and rotaions in a described move) we use 2/1 for a double back flip and 3/1 for a triple twist. in either case it was a grand moment to have on tape. ok john spill the beans how old (young?) are you?...and i thought i was robbing the cradle with my pairs partner..we were shut out of germany because he was like 10 days too young..ouch!!! :frus:
I really enjoyed watching the skaters from france and germany and was intersted in their music selections as well. on the train to paris after the comp i sat next to Nico...mens silver 1 champion. He lives in paris and when we got there we spent the day seeing the city and from him i learned how we are so lucky to have lots of ice and coaches in the states . he is lucky to run his program once a week or so. everyone had a piece of culture to share.

mrs redboots...thanks for the photo....that lift is new so we don't have any pictures of it from kansas...so now we do ...how sweet. :bow:

well can't wait to read more about germany as it goes up on the board...is anyone going to hackensack next weekend? the pairs posse will be there celebrating novaskaters birthday...easy on the vodka nips , you have to pick loos up all weekend!! :D

NoVa Sk8r
06-17-2005, 11:26 PM
the pairs posse will be there celebrating novaskaters birthday...easy on the vodka nips , you have to pick loops up all weekend!! :DWell, she may very well be picking ME up after I let loose. 30 is a milestone year, right? Makes me eligible for Oberstdorf--well, it would have; they are lowering the age to 28 next year. Grrrr.

You and J. are gonna be the stars of the camp with your level 5 and 6 lifts (and Pamchenko, no doubt)! :lol:

2loop2loop
06-18-2005, 06:53 AM
ok john spill the beans how old (young?) are you?...and i thought i was robbing the cradle with my pairs partner..we were shut out of germany because he was like 10 days too young..ouch!!! :frus:

I'm...err....25 :halo:

John

icecatepairs
06-19-2005, 03:35 PM
yikes , i have 3 years on jason, 8 years on you , 3 years on navaskater, and 7 years on our coach...ok how old does that make me in dog years......so i guess we need geritol by the boards next year!!! 8-)

Mrs Redboots
06-20-2005, 04:56 AM
yikes , i have 3 years on jason, 8 years on you , 3 years on navaskater, and 7 years on our coach...ok how old does that make me in dog years......so i guess we need geritol by the boards next year!!! 8-)Yes, Tara dear, and some of us are already Ladies III (or Ladies IV as it will be next year), and looking Ladies IV/V squarely in the face.....