View Full Version : Feet!

Magz
06-04-2005, 08:52 AM
I have a foot question! Well, for my current and last pairs of skates I've had Jacksons. And both times my heel (mostly the left) has begun to slip. I can fix this with a gel sock kind of thing over my left heel.Last time I had my skates fitted, the lady said my feet were wide, but my question is could I have a narrower heel that's causing the slipping? I honestly can't tell, so how would I go about measuring for that? Thanks in advance!

nerd_on_ice
06-04-2005, 09:53 AM
It's totally possible. I actually read somewhere (maybe on this forum?) that almost all women have "duck feet"--wider ball, narrower heel. My own feet are not wide overall but my heels are obviously narrower than the rest. Also, a lot of people have one foot that's slightly longer than the other (for me the left foot is longer). That could contribute as well.

I think in some skate brands (I'm thinking SP-Teri and/or Harlick) you can order a "stock" boot but in a split width--B ball, AAA heel or whatever. Maybe that would be the way to go for you. I'm not sure how you'd measure for it but a good fitter would know, of course.