View Full Version : SoCal skate sharpener question..

Anita18
06-04-2005, 04:34 AM
This might be a strange question, but does anyone have any contact information for Jerry Alwinger, a skate sharpener in Arcadia or San Gabriel? I asked some people at the Pasadena rink about skate sharpening, and his name came up several times. Unfortunately, none of the skaters I talked to had his phone number with them, even though they gave me the approximate address. Something tells me I can't just show up at his doorstep and expect him to sharpen my skates though. :lol:

And my family here apparently doesn't have a phone book! Figures. :P

Or, if anyone in the LA area knows any other skate sharpener, I'm all ears! My blades need some lovin' since the last time I sharpened them was early last year! :lol: PM away!

miss cleo
06-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Jerry can be reached at 626-285-2903. He charges $15 to sharpen and you must call and make an appointment.

Anita18
06-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks so much! Wasn't expecting a phone number right in the post but...okay! :D

Hey, where do you skate at? :)

doubletoe
06-09-2005, 08:07 PM
This might be a strange question, but does anyone have any contact information for Jerry Alwinger, a skate sharpener in Arcadia or San Gabriel? I asked some people at the Pasadena rink about skate sharpening, and his name came up several times. Unfortunately, none of the skaters I talked to had his phone number with them, even though they gave me the approximate address. Something tells me I can't just show up at his doorstep and expect him to sharpen my skates though. :lol:

And my family here apparently doesn't have a phone book! Figures. :P

Or, if anyone in the LA area knows any other skate sharpener, I'm all ears! My blades need some lovin' since the last time I sharpened them was early last year! :lol: PM away!

Darin at Pickwick Ice Center (in Burbank) is a phenomenal blade sharpener. He sharpens Scott Hamilton's blades, as well as some other top skaters' baldes. He's usually around on Wednesday evenings and Saturday late morning/early afternoon.

daisies
06-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I get mine done by Vic Venasky at the Skating Edge in Torrance. I started going to him when I needed someone to do figure blades. His daughters skated back in the day so he knew how to do that old-school stuff. :) But now he does a great job on my freestyle blades!