View Full Version : What Pair or Ice-Dance Idol of yours got you into doing it?

FSWer
06-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Say if so, I was just wondering what Pairs or Ice-Dance Idols encouraged everyone here with partners to go into it?

tripletoesrule
06-04-2005, 12:00 AM
jamie and david straight up

Casey
06-04-2005, 07:16 AM
I haven't really seen any pro-level pairs skaters - just seeing the amateur adults at rinks I've been to has started my temptation to skate pairs (I don't yet).

icedancer2
06-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Torville and Dean back in '84 got me to thinking I was ready to start skating again!

Talk about inspiration!

dooobedooo
06-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Torvill and Dean ...
:bow:

*IceDancer1419*
06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Grr. I tried to post and it ate it. ah well. :P

I didn't start *because* of a particular dance pair... I sadly enough didn't even KNOW ice dancing existed/know what it was till I started it. :roll: My coach saw her son and I skating around practicing synchro, decided we had similra lines, and was like "You guys are doing dance." That was that! :) not complaining, I love it.

I guess one dance "idol" that sort of inspired me to keep going and work hard at it was Belbin and Agosto. I love them!

CanAmSk8ter
06-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't think any particular skater really got me to want to try dance. I just did. As a pre-juvenile/juvenile level dancer my heroes were always Bourne ad Kraatz, probably in part because my first coach was Canadian. I can remember her talking about them before I had had ever really seen them skate even on TV. Right now I feel really lucky to have five elite internationally competitive teams at my rink, all of whom I look up to, and all of whom are really nice to me, even when I have to share the ice with them; and I also have my coach, who I think the world of (I can remember watching him skate on TV when I was younger!).

sitspin89
06-04-2005, 02:52 PM
----->Bourne and Kraatz<-------- MOST definatley :D

NoVa Sk8r
06-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Definitely Salé & Pelletier. Their 2001 Worlds LP to "Tristan & Isolde," where they won the gold--amazing! 8-)

Sweet16*skater
06-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Bourne and Kraatz...but I wasn't really into the skating on TV thing but when I saw them I started to dream, not necessarily of dance but just skating at the Olympics and big competitions...a coach approached me to ask me if I wanted to try out with one of his students...it worked, we matched and now I love it!!!
Now I really like Virtue and Moir just because they have a really nice style and they performed really well at the canadiens...
Sweet16*