View Full Version : Skating Questions

IceSk8Princess
06-01-2005, 09:55 AM
:?: Hey! I have only been using skating forums for a few days so I'm not sure where the best place to post ice skating stuff and get alot of responses from figure skaters.So, if you all could help me out it would be great. :)

:?: I posted a message about like this one on general skating/chat and nobody answered. So I thought I'd give it a try putting it in.On Ice-skating. I was wondering where everyone is from? How old you are and how long you have been skating? I live in South Carolina. I'll be 23 on June 4th. I've been skating off and on since I was 12. :?:

:?: I've also got a few skating questions.i was wondering if Scott Hamilton's cancer is back again? Thats what ive heard. Is that true or a rumor? Also I was wondering why we don't hear of Tara Lipinski anymore. Does she still skate? Kristi Yamaguchi you don't hear much of either since she married the famous hockey player. Do any of them still skate? If anybody knows anything about any of this please tell me. Thank you. You can email me at bejuledjewels@yahoo.com and my aol sn is bejuledjewels. yahoo messenger is the same. I hope to get alot of responses on the forum board in reply to my message. Looking forward to hearing from you all. :)

TashaKat
06-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi :D

If you're wanting to talk about your skating, skating moves, how to do things, tips etc then 'On Ice - Skaters' is the place to be.

For non-skating stuff then go to 'Non Skating Discussions'

Skating News and Articles is for current news and articles about skating.

General Skating Chat is about skating in general but not about a specific event.

To get the most amount of answers to your questions is better if you can be specific in your title. Most of us don't have time to go through every single new post so pick and choose the ones that look interesting.

I can't really help you, I'm afraid, with your questions as I don't keep up with skating gossip (I mean that as in news rather than in rumours, we don't do rumours here :) ).

I'm sure that someone will be able to help you, sorry that I can't.

All the best

x

cutiesk8r43
06-01-2005, 04:37 PM
welcome to the forum! :D

Tara Lipinski skates still but I don't think on shows anymore(I think)
~cutie

Andie
06-04-2005, 12:39 AM
:?: Hey! I have only been using skating forums for a few days so I'm not sure where the best place to post ice skating stuff and get alot of responses from figure skaters.So, if you all could help me out it would be great. :)

:?: I posted a message about like this one on general skating/chat and nobody answered. So I thought I'd give it a try putting it in.On Ice-skating. I was wondering where everyone is from? How old you are and how long you have been skating? I live in South Carolina. I'll be 23 on June 4th. I've been skating off and on since I was 12. :?:

Welcome to the forums. :)

I'm from Missouri, sort of near St Louis. I'm 20 and learned to ice skate when I was 15, then started skating more often/regularly at 17. So far I haven't competed and not sure if I want to. I'm about ISI Freestyle 3, unofficially.

*IceDancer1419*
06-04-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm near Seattle, WA. I'm 14, and have been skating for... well, since September. lol. I've done one dance competition (solo and partner)... and synchro sectionals. I used to skate when I was younger, for 1-2 years when I was around 6, and let me tell you, I SUCKED :roll:

I only REALLY started in Sept, though. I didn't remember how to do anything, but I didn't start clinging to the wall, which helped a bit ;)

twokidsskatemom
06-04-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm near Seattle, WA. I'm 14, and have been skating for... well, since September. lol. I've done one dance competition (solo and partner)... and synchro sectionals. I used to skate when I was younger, for 1-2 years when I was around 6, and let me tell you, I SUCKED :roll:

I only REALLY started in Sept, though. I didn't remember how to do anything, but I didn't start clinging to the wall, which helped a bit ;)
My dear daughter ice dance coach is from Sprinkler in tacoma. As far as I know he charges half rate for dance lessons, half for both parters.

welcome !!