View Full Version : Power Perimeter Crossovers, Or: I'm Really Skating Now!

montanarose
05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Back in October I posted here when my coach first introduced me to the forward and backward power perimeter crossovers. Thanks to all of you who replied with helpful hints, but I didn't follow up with them at the time because I sort of chickened out on the moves altogether :oops:. Then last week we spent my lesson going over them again, along with alternating BXOs to BO edges -- but that's another story altogether :roll:.

I've since had three practice sessions and, ohmigawd, I am finally getting them! Not only that, they are downright FUN and I feel like I am flying over the ice ("flying" being a somewhat relative term compared to my usual snail-like pace). What's even more interesting is that my FXOs and BXOs seem to be improving now that I am not just doing them around a hockey circle but actually skating them.

I love these! I am starting to feel like a real skater, at last.

sweetskater31
05-16-2005, 09:50 AM
congratulations!

dbny
05-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Congrats! I agree, that's a move that you can really make you feel you're flying. I still remember the time I did in at night at an outdoor rink and all the strokes felt like a knife through butter. It was magical.

flippet
05-16-2005, 01:32 PM
These really are fun. I get going so much faster on these than on anything else--just about to the verge of feeling 'out-of-control'. It's such an adrenaline rush! :lol:

jazzpants
05-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Back in October I posted here when my coach first introduced me to the forward and backward power perimeter crossovers. Thanks to all of you who replied with helpful hints, but I didn't follow up with them at the time because I sort of chickened out on the moves altogether :oops:. Then last week we spent my lesson going over them again, along with alternating BXOs to BO edges -- but that's another story altogether :roll:.

I've since had three practice sessions and, ohmigawd, I am finally getting them! Not only that, they are downright FUN and I feel like I am flying over the ice ("flying" being a somewhat relative term compared to my usual snail-like pace). What's even more interesting is that my FXOs and BXOs seem to be improving now that I am not just doing them around a hockey circle but actually skating them.

I love these! I am starting to feel like a real skater, at last.Hi, Ellen!

YAAAAAY!!! Congrats to you!!! I'm glad to see that you're starting to get your power perimeter crossovers! When done right, you defintely will be flying around the rink...with very little effort too!!! :mrgreen: