View Full Version : My ANs video came

manleywoman
05-11-2005, 03:31 PM
I love love love how the company did the video! I love how they show a bit of the warmup, and list the starting orders etc.

Wish I could say I enjoyed my skating. Ugh, I look like a hippo on blades...so awkward and messy, bent knees, arms flailing. Ugh. I've worked so hard on my presentation too to avoid having this very reaction when I see the video. Makes me want to quit every year when I watch that year's video!

jazzpants
05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I love love love how the company did the video! I love how they show a bit of the warmup, and list the starting orders etc.

Wish I could say I enjoyed my skating. Ugh, I look like a hippo on blades...so awkward and messy, bent knees, arms flailing. Ugh. I've worked so hard on my presentation too to avoid having this very reaction when I see the video. Makes me want to quit every year when I watch that year's video!Which probably means my AN video will be coming in soon too! I ordered the final round for Bronze II... Yeah, scopin' out the competition for next year and all... :P :twisted: ;)

I'll bet it's not THAT bad, manleywoman...

daisies
05-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Ugh, I look like a hippo on blades.You do not!!!!! LOL!

doubletoe
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
The only complaint I have about the videos is that the camera is so far down toward the end of the rink so you don't see it from the POV you choreographed it for (i.e., view from the Judges' or audiences' POV). But it's nice that they put the skating order in the beginning!

Mrs Redboots
05-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Ugh, I look like a hippo on blades...so awkward and messy, bent knees, arms flailing. Ugh. Rubbish! Mind you, we never do look as good as we think we do, but you certainly look a lot better than that!

Figureskates
05-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Since I don't compete, the only videos I have seen of myself were taken by friends.

I have one video of me skating in a green sweatshirt and I looked like some kind of demented praying mantis...and I was sooooo slow. You think it was the first time I have ever been in figure skates!!

Fly2010
05-12-2005, 05:01 PM
I like to watch my videos to see what i can inprove on but when i do i say some of the things you said and i dont feel like i look that way when iam skating. But you tape probaly isnt that bad. by the way what is A/N?

jazzpants
05-12-2005, 05:04 PM
by the way what is A/N?Adults National

Edited to add: Where is my VIDEO, guys!?! :P

sk8er1964
05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Adults National

Edited to add: Where is my VIDEO, guys!?! :P

Umm, somewhere with mine? Was there a tornado or something that grabbed them?

Mrs Redboots
05-13-2005, 06:27 AM
I have received neither video (in fact, DVD) nor the dress I ordered at AN. The latter was allegedly posted on Monday 2.... I suppose it's got lost in the post and will never come now.... sigh....

PattyP
05-13-2005, 10:27 AM
My DVD's have not arrived either :cry:

daisies
05-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I just got my DVD on Wednesday, so hang tight everyone, they're probably on the way. You should call the company if you don't get them by next week.

Terri C
05-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Received my DVD in the mail yesterday, but there is one problem?
I forgot to tell the video folks that I wanted a VHS tape, so they sent me the DVD. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm behind the times and will need to buy a DVD player :oops: . Any good suggestions as to whether I should buy a DVD player by itself and work it with the VCR I do have or buy a combo DVD/VCR? What's good out there that will not cost $$$, but will not break so quickly?

Debbie S
05-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Well, I'm going to (at some point in the near future) buy a combo player - just b/c I have so many VHS tapes of various things (mostly skating) and I want to be able to watch them - and my VCR is kind of old anyway and could use replacing. I remember seeing some at CompUSA, of all places, when I was buying computer stuff, and I think they were all bet $100 and $200. They were the standard brands - Sony, JVC, Panasonic. You probably could get a better deal at Best Buy, though. As for quality, I have no idea - maybe there's a Consumer Reports evaluation on them recently?

How'd you go about ordering the video? What are they charging?

Mrs Redboots
05-15-2005, 02:35 PM
You can buy a DVD player very cheaply these days, and they take up very little room. DVD recorders are more expensive, mind. We have both DVD and video, as do my parents and many other people - no need to upgrade your video player unless you want to!

sk8er1964
05-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Got mine today! :D

Mel On Ice
05-16-2005, 01:34 PM
I called, I'm supposed to get mine this Wednesday. :??

jazzpants
05-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Received my DVD in the mail yesterday, but there is one problem?
I forgot to tell the video folks that I wanted a VHS tape, so they sent me the DVD. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm behind the times and will need to buy a DVD player :oops: . Any good suggestions as to whether I should buy a DVD player by itself and work it with the VCR I do have or buy a combo DVD/VCR? What's good out there that will not cost $$$, but will not break so quickly?Terri, do you have a friend who has a DVD/VCR combo that can make a copy for you in the meantime so you don't have to get a machine right away. (Of course, being the techie I am, I recommend getting one. They're really cheap these days...)

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-13255/N/20012866+20012872+20013255/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

I didn't get my DVD today! *GRUMBLE* :??

PattyP
05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
I got mine on Friday! Unfortunately, the Masters Interp IIA doesn't work :cry: which is the one I really wanted to see. My Gold II works just fine :roll: so I got to re-live that disaster all over again. The part where I forget my program is the best...I just start wiping my nose....just lovely :roll: :roll: :oops:

SK8RX
05-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Mine came Saturday. Yippee :frus: . I got to see myself "sleep-skate". I looked like I'd rather be anywhere but there, and looked like I was in a daze or drunk or both. Oh well, there's always next year. :?? But, I agree - they did a nice job of packaging it, and it was nice to see a bit of the warmup.

doubletoe
05-16-2005, 07:42 PM
I got mine on Friday! Unfortunately, the Masters Interp IIA doesn't work :cry: which is the one I really wanted to see. My Gold II works just fine :roll: so I got to re-live that disaster all over again. The part where I forget my program is the best...I just start wiping my nose....just lovely :roll: :roll: :oops:

Doesn't work?? 8O

PattyP
05-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Doesn't work?? 8O

I can view the first 2 skaters in the group then it stops, just freezes the frame, then it will go a couple more seconds and stop again...and again...and again. I took it out and restarted it several times with the same result. :evil: I'm sure they will send me another copy as soon as I call them.

jazzpants
05-17-2005, 11:35 AM
AHA!!! My DVD is at the post office and I'll have to pick it up (or stay around home 'til the postman tries to deliver them again today...) :)

jazzpants
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
I got mine on Tuesday. Had to intercept the postman at his truck to do it though. :)

I've already started "checking out the competition..." (i.e. watching Bronze II (soon to be III) Ladies final round) and feeling more like :bow: (to those skaters) and :giveup: ("Yeah, right! Like I could do THAT!!! NOT!!!") :lol:

Lives to skate
05-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I Lost my receipt and haven't gotten my video yet. Can anyone help me to get contact info. I would appreciate it. Thanks :bow: :bow: :bow:

Debbie S
05-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Here is the company's website: http://www.localmotionproductions.com/

I ordered the Bronze I Ladies video last week. Should be interesting to see just how far I have to go to be reasonably competitive at the Bronze level (note that I said "reasonably"). :)

sk8er1964
05-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Ummm -- Debbie already posted the info I just posted, so I deleted mine. :oops: :oops:

(See what I get for not reading thru the end of the thread before posting???)

Mrs Redboots
05-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Mine arrived this morning, slightly to my surprise (all the way across the Atlantic!). Had a great time watching it, and relieved to see the skaters weren't just quite as good as my memory painted them. All the same, better than Husband & me, :cry:

manleywoman
05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
I had a wierd experience this weekend:

After watching the video of myself, I've been pretty down about my skating. But this weekend I was skating a session, and strangely enough, two random people ( one adult skater and one parent of a kid I hadn't seen in a while) both came up to me and told me how beautiful my skating was! The one said my jumps were so good and pretty, and the other went on and on about my speed and spirals!

My reaction was, " ummm, huh? Are you sure you were watching me?" I was having a particularly good jumping day, but to be called a beautiful skater is not something I'm used to hearing.

We're always our own worst critic aren't we?