View Full Version : Young Skaters In Michigan!

OlympicDreams86
05-10-2005, 10:19 PM
If you are a young male or female figure skater in Michigan, particularly around the metro detroit area, leave a post here. I will get back with you in a private message on the details of why! Thanks!
8-)

ClevelandDancer
05-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Sounds stalkeresque to me ...

sue123
05-11-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm really curious what's going on, but I'm not from Michigan.

jazzpants
05-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Okay, Justin (OlympicDreams86)! SPILL! What's going on? :P (I wish I could say I'm a "Young Skater from Michigan", but I'm an "older skater from California...") :lol: :P

My guess is there is a skating show with a celebrity skater guest starring in it and they want as many young skaters in the show to do a group number or some'n...not that big of a deal for me since we got "semi-celebrity" and "celebrity" skaters wondering around our freestyle sessions on occasions...and of course, there's Renee and Gorsha in Oakland...(and BB of course...)

OlympicDreams86
05-11-2005, 04:51 PM
HAHA So I will just make it a general post I guess, so I don't seem. . how did you say. . "stalkeresque". There is a summer training camp at the Mariposa School of Skating in Barrie, Ontario, the home training grounds of Jeffrey Buttle. They offer 8 and 4 week programs. The last four week program starts July 18th. I was just trying to see if there were any serious skaters around here that would be interest in something like that. I'm 18, very new to skating, but also very serious about improving.

jazzpants
05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
HAHA So I will just make it a general post I guess, so I don't seem. . how did you say. . "stalkeresque". There is a summer training camp at the Mariposa School of Skating in Barrie, Ontario, the home training grounds of Jeffrey Buttle. They offer 8 and 4 week programs. The last four week program starts July 18th. I was just trying to see if there were any serious skaters around here that would be interest in something like that. I'm 18, very new to skating, but also very serious about improving.Okay, why just the Michigan thing? I could see a few skaters in my neck of the woods who might wanna go! :lol: :P (Just givin' 'ya a hard time...) ;)

Here's the posting for it:
http://www.skatemariposa.com/programs/summer.shtm

I would go, but I'm an old (and currently "short of funds") geezer... :P

Good luck in your endeavors as a competitive skater. :D

Mel On Ice
05-11-2005, 11:02 PM
define young: I'm 35

define Detroit area: according to some, Grand Rapids is a far away suburb of metro Detroit :)

kittie067
05-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm young! 17

Live outside of detroit,

But I doubt I'd be able to go. :cry:

~kittie

thedman
05-12-2005, 05:59 PM
lol i would just like to add that mariposa has always had a summer school program availble to anyone that wants in... the session your on depends on your skill... and there is a 1 week seminar started the week before week 1 of summer school as well

OlympicDreams86
05-13-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm young! 17

Live outside of detroit,

But I doubt I'd be able to go. :cry:

~kittie

Hey! Where abouts are you from? You should instant message me on AOL. . .my screen name is ReachAndTakeIt86. Talk to you soon!

OlympicDreams86
05-13-2005, 12:24 PM
define young: I'm 35

define Detroit area: according to some, Grand Rapids is a far away suburb of metro Detroit :)

As young as you think you are. I'm just looking to make some skating companions in the area. Talk about each other's progress and stuff. Participation is all up to you! :)

Casey
05-14-2005, 03:10 AM
I'd like to find a skating camp or somesuch in the pacific northwest this summer... Anybody know of any?

cutiesk8r43
05-15-2005, 02:38 PM
that sounds fun! :D
i live outside of detroit!
but if kittie067 (my sister) might not be able to go neither will I :cry:
~cutie ;)