View Full Version : What was the very first competition you and your Partner competed in?

FSWer
05-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Say if you are a Pairs Skater or Ice-Dancer,I would like to please know what was the very first competition you and your Partner competed in after partnering up,and what did you place?

sk8er1964
05-02-2005, 11:04 PM
The Buckeye. Second.

(Out of two teams, but nobody needs to know that!) ;)

TashaKat
05-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Bracknell, England.

We were doing compulsory dances and had skated reasonably well (despite my partner pulling me off my feet in the warm up and hurting my neck :roll: ). I was going to go off and get changed but the presentations started so I thought it only polite to stay and watch.

It came to our group and the first place was called, no surprise there, she was a competitive child skater. Second place, nice skaters. Third place ..... oh ****! It was us!!!! I hadn't got a clue, I hadn't even registered our marks when they were being read out :D We were at the other end of the rink and I charged around like a mad thing, onto the ice and then stopped mid way to the podium ... I had left my partner behind :lol: Embarrassing but funny :D

Mrs Redboots
05-03-2005, 09:57 AM
What year was that, Tashakat?

The first competition I took part in was Bracknell in 1997 (I think) and came resoundingly last, which I've done in almost every class in almost every competition since, certainly in ice dance.

First time I competed with my husband was also at Bracknell, but at the first World Ice Dance Challenge, I think in 1999 - had a filthy cold, is all I remember about it. And we didn't make the "cut" for the 2nd round.

skaternum
05-03-2005, 10:04 AM
New Years Adult Invitational in Ashburn, VA in January, 2003. We came in second in the Adult Pairs event.

NoVa Sk8r
05-03-2005, 12:41 PM
The Hershey Open (in Hershey--duh!--Pa.), August '04.
It was awesome debuting our Adult Silver pairs program in the large arena with its huge speakers. (And looking back at this competition, we've come a long way.)

Loops and I came in first, and then we gorged on chocolate!

TashaKat
05-03-2005, 01:37 PM
What year was that, Tashakat?

Crikey, it was 1998. I'm pretty sure that you were there but I didn't know you then :)

We did the 14 Step, Foxtrot and Fiesta Tango ... I think it was the 14 Step and Foxtrot that were drawn 8O

I remember what a friendly competition it was, so encouraging and a really good atmosphere :)

CanAmSk8ter
05-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Club competition in Connecticut, Juvenile level, we got 2nd (out of 2). I think it must have been 1997. We were doing Willow Waltz and I don't remember what the other dance was- I want to say Rythym Blues but that doesn't make sense.

flo
05-04-2005, 09:57 AM
It was the Chesapeake Open or the Peach classic (they were a week apart). First for both.

Sweet16*skater
05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Well i've only been skating dance pairs for a little bit over a year and my first comp was the summer provincials(in pre-novice) where we only did the compulsory dances since we were not ready for the rest....anyways we tied of 6th out of 7...we were happy at the time... :oops:
------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet16*

icecatepairs
05-17-2005, 10:33 PM
my partner (Jason) and i teamed up last summer. our first competition was adult sectionals in februaury. we have only competed twice. we did adult nationals after that. we won both events. we are going to mountain cup as well. we will compete more next year. as a new team we had to get enough elements fo a program and what not for most of this season. :lol: