View Full Version : Wow! or Woops! May 1-7

flo
05-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Wow! - Finally, finally got my new skates. I picked them up on Friday and skated in them on Saturday for club. So far, they are relatively comfortable. I was able to stroke around fairly well, do some counters and do a couple small jumps.

Woops! - Been out of touch most of last week as we were doing a study out of the office. I'll be skating in my new skates for the clinic this weekend - I could have waitied a week to have the blades transfered, but I've waited so long already. Hope I can break them in somewhat so I can skate!

Skate@Delaware
05-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Is this the Adult Edge clinic? What kind of skates did you get? What kind of blades do you have?

flo
05-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi,
Yes, it's the clinic in PA. Hope I can do something! I have Jacksons and Phantoms.

Skate@Delaware
05-02-2005, 10:50 AM
I will see you there-my husband and I are going to that. I skate in Jackson competitors and just got Coronation Comets-I love them!!!

I know what you mean about the boots though-my boot are still pretty new as of March. I'm still not lacing the top hook. My feet shrank when I lost weight so i got new ones (and 'quickly' broke them in for the ice show we did).

All I can say is-wear them everywhere you can!! I was even tempted to wear them at work! :lol:

NCSkater02
05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Wow! It's been a mere 14 weeks, but I finally got to skate today!

Woops! It felt nearly like the very first time I skated, except that I didn't have to hang onto the boards. I felt wobbly, shaky, off balance....you name it, and I probably felt it! Didn't fall, but in my 30 minutes, I found that CCW crossovers are uncomfortable, and my feet were killing me.

Wow! Did I mention that I skated today?? :D :D :D :D

Casey
05-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Wow! Did I mention that I skated today?? :D :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!