View Full Version : Peach Classic Questions

starskate6.0
05-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Can anyone answer the following questions. ;)
1. I need to know the dates for Peach.
2. I understand there is an Interpretive pairs event at peach.
Is there any test levels required for this event or is it open to all ?.( no test)
3. I assume the time is 1:40 ?
4. If Pairs interp does exist , Do they get many skaters for the event
:roll: Thanks :mrgreen:

mskater
05-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi Starskates,

The Peach is usually the first weekend in September. I watched the pairs interp last year and there was a goodly amount of entries; all very entertaining:] Not sure about the rules or time limits, but I do know that there's no restrictions on male/male, male/female, female/female couples.

I'm sure someone will post regarding the time limits etc.

Happy Skating!

jazzpants
05-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Speaking of Peach... when's a good time to start booking airline tickets and hotel rates? I would like to get a good deal on air fares... (Capt. starskates6.0???)

I already know that I want either of the hotels (La Quinta or that other cheap one) that are near the rink.

mdvask8r
05-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I skated the pairs interp last year at Peach -- it was a blast! There were 4 pairs, all female/female. We need to get some guys into this event!!
Time limit was 1:40.
The only restrictions I can recall were no axel, no doubles, no lifts - or was it no throws?

Terri C
05-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Speaking of Peach... when's a good time to start booking airline tickets and hotel rates? I would like to get a good deal on air fares... (Capt. starskates6.0???)

I already know that I want either of the hotels (La Quinta or that other cheap one) that are near the rink.

I've already looked at Delta, being that's the the major hub for Atlanta! I'm hoping that there will be a summer air price war- I mean 278 from Norfolk to Atlanta- sheesh!
Also, I saw a post on another board from Rob that as soon as the sanction is received, the annoucement will be out. It'll be interesting to see if they implement the age group changes if that passes at GC next week!

Terri C
05-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Can anyone answer the following questions. ;)
1. I need to know the dates for Peach. :

Labor Day weekend! Can't wait!! :D

skaternum
05-01-2005, 03:02 PM
As has been said, Peach Classic is always Labor Day weekend.

The best way to get info about an event is to look at last year's announcement. Go the Georgia FSC's website. They have all the forms & stuff from the last 4 or 5 years there. It's very helpful.

starskate6.0
05-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the information on the event i get the impression that there are no restrictions on test levels so we can get started. ;)
Thanks everyone.

Star... :mrgreen:

coskater64
05-01-2005, 03:51 PM
You can go to georgia figure skating (http://www.gafsc.org/peachopen/index.htm) and look at last years forms to get an idea of the events. They usually don't change to terribly much. I remember the pairs event was very funny. It's a really nice event, I highly recommend it, I think a few of us from CO will mosey on down.

la :D

skaternum
05-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I remember the pairs event was very funny. It's a really nice event, I highly recommend it, I think a few of us from CO will mosey on down.Hey! Speaking as a competitor in the pairs event last year, I take offense at that. :lol: Surely you mean couples interp?!?

starskate6.0
05-01-2005, 06:12 PM
You can go to georgia figure skating (http://www.gafsc.org/peachopen/index.htm) and look at last years forms to get an idea of the events. They usually don't change to terribly much. I remember the pairs event was very funny. It's a really nice event, I highly recommend it, I think a few of us from CO will mosey on down.

la :D Could be where the only male female team ???
I found a partner and a great number to skate too. I just hope she will be available to skate that day. Said something about a wedding... :??
That could put a real wrench in the works.... Isn't that the only pairs interp in the country ??? :cry:

coskater64
05-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Sorry Skaternum,
your right I meant the interp event w/ two people. Not the pairs event, I always refer to it as similar pairs, that's what they called two people shadow skating when I was little.

Sorry, the pairs are just impressive. I would not let anyone lift me over their head. Nope, not gonna happen.

la

NoVa Sk8r
05-01-2005, 10:53 PM
I found a partner and a great number to skate to. I just hope she will be available to skate that day. Said something about a wedding... :??
That could put a real wrench in the works.... Isn't that the only pairs interp in the country ??? :cry:So you and flo will be putting a number together?! 8-)

Loops and I have a tune and concept, but I don't think we have enough time or energy to put our couples interp program together--and the song is actually our theme or, at the very least, my mantra! :P

icecatepairs
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
hmmm... jason and i are thinking bout doing peach this year...a pairs interp could be really comical.....is it no thorows and lifts as rules?

NoVa Sk8r
05-01-2005, 11:26 PM
hmmm... jason and i are thinking bout doing peach this year...a pairs interp could be really comical.....is it no thorows and lifts as rules?I can only imagine what you 2 will come up with!!!

[Btw, the link posted earlier is for the Peach OPEN, the standard track event. The Peach CLASSIC's link is:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/index.htm]

The "Interpretive Pairs" rules from last year:
-1:40 length
-Can be either mixed or similar sex
-Both partners must meet (at the minimum) the requirements of Adult Pre-Bronze Free Skating event
-No lifts, Axels, or double jumps permitted

icecatepairs
05-02-2005, 12:14 AM
ok so throws, sbs stuff and death spitals, and pairs spins are allowed?

flo
05-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi Ross,
Let me know if she drops out.

Beccapoo2003
05-02-2005, 12:22 PM
I have entered this event every year they've had it so far with a different partner, (Bill, eat your heart out)! ;) Elements are not the major issue. It is judged on creativity, originality, how you relate to each other, how well the judges understand your program, etc. Last year the only real elements we had were a Sit Spin and a Salchow. Some examples of programs done are The Devil Went Down to Georgia with the Devil and Johnny, Two Cowboys, the Monkees, The Birds and the Bees, a Dog and a Fire Hydrant, Jaws and a Surfer, Dorothy and the Wicked Witch, etc. if you get the drift. Anyone can enter! I must say it is an entertaining and worthwhile event! It's Interp x 2! Double the fun! :D :D
Happy Skating'
Becca