View Full Version : Who threw it at AN?

Beccapoo2003
04-27-2005, 07:07 PM
I treasure everything that is thrown to me on the ice! (my husband thinks I'm crazy)! At AN, someone threw a cow that had a beautiful pastel hand knitted sweater with little flowers on it. Does anybody know who threw it?
Thanks for any help!
Becca

sk8er1964
04-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Did it say AN 2005 on it anywhere? If it did, then it was a Wendy Bear (cow?). I think she gave them to many of the CAS people (I got my first one this year :D .)

I keep all of mine, too, except those my son steals for his very own - which have consisted of two frogs :D

BTW, Becca, I have a really nasty pic of the two of us making weird faces at the competitor party. I was going to scan my pics for our mutual pairs ho friend (but not that picture :lol: ) - I'll pm that one to you when I scan them.

manleywoman
04-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Not I. I throw packs of decorative tissues, since they're way easier to pack in a suitcase and are practical as well.

Soemone threw me a frog with a removable tennis ball that is perfect for our neighbor's dog, whom we dog-sit three days a week. She loves it! Thanks to whoever threw me that one!

flo
04-28-2005, 11:30 AM
I like the tissue idea. I threw frogs with bunny slippers.

Figureskates
04-28-2005, 01:32 PM
When I first read the title of this thread, two things popped into my head.

1) Someone threw a competiton...why?

2) Someone threw something "inappropiate" onto the ice. What was it?

The running joke I have with my coach is that at my age, they would probably throw Depends, Ex-Lax, Geritol, and Metamucil out on the ice since I would have such a "moving" performance.

skaternum
04-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh, figureskates! You shouldn't have said that!! :twisted:

Figureskates
04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh, figureskates! You shouldn't have said that!! :twisted:

I know, I know.

But if figure skating has taught me anything, it's that you sure have to have a big sense of humor and be able to laugh at yourself to pursue this sport.

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I throw hand-made soap - and my apologies if you were missed out, I didn't take very much to the USA. Hope to make up at the Mountain Cup and/or O'Dorf.... but some people are going to miss out because there are 130 competitors at the former and 127 at the latter - no way am I going to have time to make over 200 bars of soap between now and then..... Even 130 will be pushing it, unless they are very small!

sk8er1964
04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I throw hand-made soap - and my apologies if you were missed out, I didn't take very much to the USA. Hope to make up at the Mountain Cup and/or O'Dorf.... but some people are going to miss out because there are 130 competitors at the former and 127 at the latter - no way am I going to have time to make over 200 bars of soap between now and then..... Even 130 will be pushing it, unless they are very small!

I just realized that I haven't really thanked you for that! I have to figure out a way to keep my husband and son's grubby fingers off of it ;) . It's mine, all mine :D !

It was so great to meet you two in person! 8-)

Beccapoo2003
04-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Ooh Manleywoman, great idea with the tissues! Annabel, thanks so much for the soap! I love the idea of throwing useful items...you still get that "warm" feeling from your buddies then. I so enjoy reading the tags with names attached, so I know who they come from! Yes! It's important! :) :) I just hope the Nips don't offend anyone. They are thrown with the utmost affection! :D
Big hugs,
Becca

Mel On Ice
04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Mrs. Redboots, I have been using your soap every morning and night for the last week. Puts a smile on my face every time, and I love the scent. What a thoughful gift, thanks so much. The sticker and packaging is going in my scrapbook.

Geek Skater
04-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Did anyone throw an exception? :mrgreen:

jazzpants
04-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Did anyone throw an exception? :mrgreen:I wasn't at AN, but I heard the Zamboni "caught" it. :P :lol:

(We got a few computer "geeks" on skatingforums -- and despite my occupation (software QA engineer), I can't claim to be one...)

Mrs Redboots
04-29-2005, 06:22 AM
I just hope the Nips don't offend anyone. They are thrown with the utmost affection! :D
Big hugs,
BeccaThe only thing that would offend me is if I didn't get one..... ;)

Figureskates
04-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Nips hell, I hope when I finally get to the point of competing, someone would just slide a bottle of Jose Cuervo out on the ice.

I promise I will whip up a batch of frozen Marguaritas the likes of which you have never tasted before. (My marguaritas are lengendary in these parts and I am always asked to make them at parties...they numb your lips first, then numb your mind!)

blue111moon
04-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Becca, I don't drink and alcohal is forbidden in my workplace, but I still have the nip you tossed to me at Mountain Cup last year sitting right here on my desk. The little note attached always makes me smile. The last thing I was was offended!

Hey, that and the bar in the rink are two of the points I use to seel Mountain Cup to my friends. I like the bears and Annabel's soap, too. Gotta love adult skating!

flying~camel
04-29-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm going have to come up with something interesting to throw on the ice in Dallas ;)

Figureskates
04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
I think it was 2 years ago at the end of Adult Skate Week in August in Lake Placid.

They would had an exhibition for the adults in the 1980 Rink and the audience was the rest of us. One of the guys, who was 70 at the time did a number and at the end we all threw ladies panties onto the ice.....the look on his face was priceless...his wife was in on too.

sue123
04-29-2005, 04:48 PM
With so many people throwing stuff on the ice, I'm wondering if anyone has ever been hit by anything thrown onto the ice. Knowing me, if I ever competed, and someone threw something it would probably hit me in the head.

jazzpants
04-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Someone threw an "Ice Skater" Barbie doll (in the box and all) at my primary coach after he did his "Michelle Kwan" number. MAN, he definitely needed a sweeper for all the stuff he got on the ice for that event!!! :lol: :P

Someone tried to throw a stuffed Tigger this year at AN but it got stuck on the nettings! :frus: (If you got it off the nets, would you please kindly PM me so I can give an address to mail back to the rightful owners?)

Figureskates: Oh, yes, the infamous "Underwear Phantom" strikes again!!! Tee hee hee!!! :twisted:

sk8er1964
04-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Someone tried to throw a stuffed Tigger this year at AN but it got stuck on the nettings! :frus: (If you got it off the nets, would you please kindly PM me so I can give an address to mail back to the rightful owners?)

OMG, I remember someone talking about getting it down. Drat! I can't remember who. :cry: Maybe if you asked at CAS - chances are it was someone there.

skaternum
04-30-2005, 07:30 AM
With so many people throwing stuff on the ice, I'm wondering if anyone has ever been hit by anything thrown onto the ice. Knowing me, if I ever competed, and someone threw something it would probably hit me in the head.Nope, never seen anything like that. The worst thing that's happened to me was simply being unable to get my "stuff" that had been thrown. Last year, when I was doing my Patsy Cline "Crazy" number wearing a straightjacket, I didn't have the use of my arms. So at every competiton, I'd finish my bows, then just ... uh ... stare at the stuff on the ice. I found that if I could kick it over to the boards with my blade, some kind soul like a friend or the ice monitor would pick them up for me. Some of my friends started throwing more stuff when they realized the predicament I was in. Of course, these are the same friends who refused to untie my straightjacket too. :D

Mrs Redboots
04-30-2005, 12:16 PM
When I was doing "Jake the Peg" I only had one hand free to pick stuff up, and on one occasion I was reduced to using the peg-leg like a hockey stick to scoot the stuff off the ice. Which made everybody laugh even more....