View Full Version : What to do after your sick...

kittie067
04-22-2005, 02:02 PM
my sister and I have just barely recovered from an awful virus.

Wondering if anyone has tips on how much ice skating should be done?

thanks!

~kittie

Debbie S
04-22-2005, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't skate until you're fully recovered. I guess it depends if you feel you have enough energy to skate. I had bronchitis recently and went skating as I was recovering, but I felt really winded and lethargic, and I only skated for one session. That made me decide to not skate until I was fully recovered, a few days later - ah, antibiotics.

Mrs Redboots
04-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Rule of thumb for _any_ athletic training is:
If your symptoms are all above your neck (i.e. you have a cold in your head!), then you may continue to train but at a reduced intensity.

If your symptoms are below the neck (chest, tummy), don't train until you are better.

What happens if what you have is a sore throat, I don't know! I assume it counts as above-the-neck, unless you feel rotten with it.

Get well soon, Kittie - listen to your body, and don't do more than you are comfortable with the first few days back.

kittie067
04-23-2005, 06:04 PM
thanks! ;)

I'm feeeling much better, and i was having mainly body aches. but now its all in my head, literally.

the bad thing about this virus is there is no antibiotics! :cry:

So my body is doing most of hte work for me, luckily im a vitamin taker!(whew)

i skated on thurs day but only did dance moves, and did not attempt any jumps or spins.Ithink my inner ear is a bit messed up and i dont want to get bruised up too bad.

Im mainly getting headaches, so I think it's getting to my sinuses(? spelling?)

so if i stay away form loud music and bright lights i tend to be okay.

Also i lost about 6 pounds in 5 days and am only a 5ft at 110lbs! 8O
so im trying to get my strength back, and skating at a minimum.

Thanks so much for your concern!!!

((((hugs to skaters))))

~kittie :D