mdvask8r
04-21-2005, 06:38 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the location for Adult Easterns 2006 :?:

LoopLoop
04-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Hillsborough, North Carolina!

mdvask8r
04-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Skip-a-de-doo-dah!! Finally someplace other than NY!! ;) :)
Not that NY is bad--just nice to have a change.

skatingatty
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah, North Carolina! It's a great location because there are so many affordable motels/hotels in the area (clean and safe hotels for less than $70, esp. if you shop online), and the rink's about 30-45 minutes west of the RDU airport. The weather will be good-- no worries about a blizzard. People will have to rent cars though; there's no public transportation out there. I probably won't be competing there, but I'll definitely go to watch and cheer!

NCSkater02
04-21-2005, 03:13 PM
When will they be? Since I haven't even tested pre-bronze yet, (and I'm still not back on ice yet) I won't be competing, but I'd love to go and watch. I just have to get the time off work.

InsideAxel
04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
From the Central Carolina Skating Club (http://www.centralcarolinasc.com/) website:

CCSC to Host the 2006 U.S. Adult Eastern Sectional Championships and 2006 Central Carolina Adult Classic

The Central Carolina Skating Club is excited to be hosting the 2006 U.S. Adult Eastern Sectional Championships on February 17-19, 2006, at the Triangle SportsPlex. Along with this qualifying competition, CCSC will also be hosting the Central Carolina Adult Classic, a non-qualifying competition for adult skaters.

C'ya!

Kelton

NoVa Sk8r
04-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh, I hope I can at least watch, if not compete. The Triangle SportsPlex is my skating birthplace! 8-)

climbsk8
04-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey guys! I'm so excited that we get to host sectionals.

First of all, skatingatty jinxed us by saying no blizzards ... it's highly unlikely, but our February weather is still unpredictable.

Hillsborough, NC is a tiny, historic town ... my hometown ... but it's a stone's throw from Durham and Chapel Hill, which have a lot to offer in terms of restaurants, shopping and places to stay. Flights into RDU airport are cheap (it's a hub for American, with lots of flights on Northwest and Southwest.)

The rink is part of a sports complex that also has an indoor pool and workout room. There's also a tanning bed for the ice dancers (I know, cheap shot!)

climbsk8
04-23-2005, 10:56 AM
The non-qualifying competition is NEW to this rink and we would love to make it an annual event! So listen up, all you busy-adult-mommy-or-daddy-I'd-compete-if-I-didn't-have-to-travel-skaters:

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Even if you're not in the qualifying ranks, give it a shot anyway. We have a GREAT adult program at this rink, and in our surrounding rinks, so you've got nothing to lose.

MissIndigo
04-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Aw man! The year after I move away and into a different section! :cry:

NCSkater02
04-23-2005, 06:23 PM
The non-qualifying competition is NEW to this rink and we would love to make it an annual event! So listen up, all you busy-adult-mommy-or-daddy-I'd-compete-if-I-didn't-have-to-travel-skaters:

Will it have Pre-Bronze events? Lord knows that between now and Feb. I won't be able to test PB and Bronze. Especially since I have at least two more weeks before I can even set foot (skate) on the ice. :roll:

Terri C
04-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Will it have Pre-Bronze events? Lord knows that between now and Feb. I won't be able to test PB and Bronze. Especially since I have at least two more weeks before I can even set foot (skate) on the ice. :roll:

All of the adult competitions (with the exception of AN) have Pre- Bronze events, so it's practically a given that there will be Pre- Bronze events there!

Whether I'll do this competition or not depends on the ever present Workplace Gods- it'll either be this competition or New Year's.

I don't know about anyone else, but now there are so many adult competitions around that it's hard to pick which ones to do! What a nice problem for us to have!

mskater
04-23-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm so excited that Sectionals are going to be in NC. It will be awesome to have another go at qualifying and not have to travel to do so.

Here's to a big turn out and a successful event!!:]

TimDavidSkate
04-23-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm so excited that Sectionals are going to be in NC. It will be awesome to have another go at qualifying and not have to travel to do so. !!:]

Lucky you, unfortunately I will be giving up in the meantime on traveling so far for competitions. This season I will be sticking to NJ and NYC, then to Dallas, TX.

Will you be there mskater? :)

mskater
04-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey Tim, I absolutely plan on being in Dallas; that is if I qualify of course:]

Hope you reconsider and come to NC for Sectionals...

Lucky you, unfortunately I will be giving up in the meantime on traveling so far for competitions. This season I will be sticking to NJ and NYC, then to Dallas, TX.

Will you be there mskater? :)

Terri C
04-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Tim ,
I know where you're coming from- where I live, if I want to compete, I have to travel. I do try to keep the nights away down, but now it would feel weird to do a competition at home if there was one.

phillyskater
04-26-2005, 11:01 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but now there are so many adult competitions around that it's hard to pick which ones to do! What a nice problem for us to have!

While happily this is true, EVERYONE should be planning to do the 2005 IceWorks Halloween Classic. ;) In case you haven't heard, the dates have been changed from Halloween weekend (because of South Atlantic Regionals) to the following weekend - Nov. 5 & 6. And no Friday events this time!! YAY!!

philly

LWalsh
04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Yippee! I had wanted to do the Halloween Competition but I had schedule conflicts. Now I can go!

Lwalsh

Bracket1
04-26-2005, 05:40 PM
While happily this is true, EVERYONE should be planning to do the 2005 IceWorks Halloween Classic. ;) In case you haven't heard, the dates have been changed from Halloween weekend (because of South Atlantic Regionals) to the following weekend - Nov. 5 & 6. And no Friday events this time!! YAY!!

philly

Can you keep us posted as to when the Applications become available? Thanks!

coskater64
04-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Last year I did the Utah event and skated against skaters I see everyday in CO so this years it's definitely Philly for me. Plus it sounds like a really fun time. I will have to travel to Ohio for my sectional and the Tx for nationals. But, my parents who are Texans are going to come and watch for the first time since I started skating again.

No pressure,

:D

mskater
04-26-2005, 09:43 PM
I might have to pencil this one in:] Were there Master's events last year; more specifically Master's Men?

jazzpants
04-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Just great!!! This year's Skate SF 2005 is also on the same weekend as the Halloween Classic! :roll: (Hope we'll still get a good group this year though.) :)

sk8er1964
04-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Just great!!! This year's Skate SF 2005 is also on the same weekend as the Halloween Classic! :roll: (Hope we'll still get a good group this year though.) :)

So is the Buckeye. :evil:

phillyskater
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Can you keep us posted as to when the Applications become available? Thanks!

I absolutely will let everyone here know when the applications are available. We just got the date change approved, so the applications will follow shortly. And we have added even more events this year...like MIF and additional dance events.

Mskater - yes, we did offer Masters men last year and will definitely have it again this year (assuming we get 2 or more entries for the event).

Stay tuned for more info.....

philly

Terri C
04-27-2005, 05:10 PM
With all the talk of the adult fall competitions, I've noticed that there is no mention of the PEACH CLASSIC! This will be my first year at Peach and I can hardly wait!

mdvask8r
04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
2005 IceWorks Halloween Classic. - Nov. 5 & 6. And no Friday events this time!! YAY!!

philly
Yes, gigantic YAY!!
I'm so looking forward to this comp.

mskater
04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
With all the talk of the adult fall competitions, I've noticed that there is no mention of the PEACH CLASSIC! This will be my first year at Peach and I can hardly wait!

That's because Peach is a 'given' :]

Thanks for the info phillyskater!

Beccapoo2003
04-27-2005, 07:10 PM
My year revolves around Adult Nationals and Peach Classic, too!!! :bow:

Becca

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
My year revolves around Adult Nationals and Peach Classic, too!!! :bow:

BeccaAnd the Mountain Cup, most years!