View Full Version : AN pictures

skaternum
04-19-2005, 10:01 AM
If you have any you've posted, here's a thread to put a link in.

Mine are here (http://www.saybee.com/gallery). Most of them are pretty bad -- my digital camera takes terrible action shots. If you recognize any of the unnamed people in them, PM me or post here so I can fix the captions. As with most photo galleries, you can click a thumbnail for a larger version of the picture, and click that to see it full size.

Enjoy!

manleywoman
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
If you can tell me how to include pictures in my post, I have two I could show! I can't get the "Insert Image" to work.

DSC01186 is Larry from Chicago (last name eludes me).
DSC01219 through DSC01223 is Timothy Fischer from WFSC.
DSC01213 is Mark Adams from WFSC.

skaternum
04-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks, manleywoman. I know Tim -- duh, I guess I just forgot to label those. Thanks for the other names!

NoVa Sk8r
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Awesome pics, skaternum! Thankfully, none of them included me drinking--though how you avoided getting any of those is beyond me! ;)
And I am so glad you captured my Cookie Monster shirt (therein was another campaign in protest of PBS's decision to politicize a blue puppet who has no teeth and is supposed to single-handedly prevent childhood obesity :roll: ).

Here are some IDs:
Page 1:
-DSC01186/1187 is Larry Scibilia

Page 2:
-DSC01200 is Duane DeRoo, in the Silver Men II Interp

Page 3:
-DSC01212 is Marco Pizzo, skating to "Come What May" in Silver Men II Interp

-DSC01213/1216 is Mark Adams, skating his gold-medal-winning baseball number

Page 5:
-DSC01251 - The '??' is Tim Covington (silver men II gold medalist) with Tim M. and Debbie C.

skaternum
04-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Got 'em, thanks! Only a few more to go.

And yes, I was stunned that I got NO pictures of you drinking. How the he** did that happen? Um, probably because I was too busy imbibing, myself??

LoopLoop
04-19-2005, 12:02 PM
DSC01203 through DSC01211 are Jesse Miguel's interp to Pirates of the Caribbean.

jazzpants
04-19-2005, 12:12 PM
(Borrowing from another skating board...) Bill also has posted a few AN 2005 pictures too...

http://ic.net/~burgoyne/ice/fsc.htm

Darn! No pictures of NoVa picking up all the vodka nip bottles from Becca. :( :lol: :twisted:

Thanks for the pictures, skaternum!!! Nice to see Marco's picture out there! Last time I saw him practice out there, he looked really good out there. Garry sure knows how to work his skaters!!! :P

Terri C
04-19-2005, 12:16 PM
And yes, I was stunned that I got NO pictures of you drinking. How the he** did that happen? Um, probably because I was too busy imbibing, myself??

Don't worry, I'll get photos at Peach!! :twisted:

Frumpy
04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Who did the action photoshots for AN? Does you know where we should go to look at them? (ie. photoreflect.com, etc.)

Thanks!

TimDavidSkate
04-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Here are my pictures 2005 US Adult Nationals (http://www.timdavid.org/2005AdultNationals.html) ;)

SkateBreck
04-19-2005, 02:58 PM
The Action Photography company was Local Motion. They do not have the capability for people to view the photos online.:cry:

skatingatty
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for sharing your pictures! :)

jazzpants
04-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Oh, that reminds me... who's the videographer?

TIA...

TimDavidSkate
04-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Video Services Provided By:
Local Motion Productions, Inc.
P.O. Box 60417
Colorado Springs, CO 80960
719-538-5618

jazzpants
04-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Video Services Provided By:
Local Motion Productions, Inc.
P.O. Box 60417
Colorado Springs, CO 80960
719-538-5618

Mrs Redboots
04-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I'll post mine when I get home, on Thursday or Friday.

FrankR
04-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Hello,

Thanks to everyone for posting pictures. They were great! :) I forgot my camera. :cry: I'll have to remember for next time.

It was great meeting you at AN, skaternum!

Frank

Frumpy
04-19-2005, 06:17 PM
The Action Photography company was Local Motion. They do not have the capability for people to view the photos online.:cry:

That's a shame! I was looking forward to looking through all the costumes (great ideas!) and seeing the smiles on everyone's faces... :bow:

Maybe I'll get to see it in person next year....Go Dallas!

SK8RX
04-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 - DSC01197 is Scott Stewart in Mens Interpretive II.

MidwestSkater
04-19-2005, 08:11 PM
FYI -
The videographer and awards photos were done by Local Motion Video. The action photos were done by Digital Specialties.

Hope this helps!

skaternum
04-20-2005, 09:20 AM
It was great meeting you at AN, skaternum!Thanks! It was nice meeting you, too. I enjoyed your skating!

I'm really amazed at how busy/frazzled I was at AN, and I didn't even compete! It seems like I was always running between rinks, trying to visit with friends who live in KC, trying to keep NoVa from being molested 8O (hee hee), etc. I didn't get to meet up with half the people I'd hoped to. But man, was that a fun few days!!

FrankR
04-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks! It was nice meeting you, too. I enjoyed your skating!

I'm really amazed at how busy/frazzled I was at AN, and I didn't even compete! It seems like I was always running between rinks, trying to visit with friends who live in KC, trying to keep NoVa from being molested 8O (hee hee), etc. I didn't get to meet up with half the people I'd hoped to. But man, was that a fun few days!!

Hi skaternum,

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed my skating. There were so many great skates at AN and it was great to see and experience that event. It's so great that you were so supportive of everyone.

Was NoVa in danger of being molested? I had no idea! But then again I should have guessed after seeing those pecs that he'd be a prime target. :P :lol: (Say NoVa, how exactly does one go about getting pecs like that? ;) )

Are you coming to the camp in Hackensack at the end of June, skaternum? It would be great to see you again. :)

Take care,

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
04-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Was NoVa in danger of being molested? I had no idea!Yes ... Holy gropefest, Batman!

But then again I should have guessed after seeing those pecs that he'd be a prime target. :P :lol: (Say NoVa, how exactly does one go about getting pecs like that? ;) ) If you want to be a strong jumper, pec muscles are the last thing you want--they actually interfere with pulling in your arms. My coach even calls me top heavy and says that I have to work harder to get my technique correct.

FrankR
04-20-2005, 11:39 AM
If you want to be a strong jumper, pec muscles are the last thing you want--they actually interefer with pulling in your arms.

D'oh! :?? I've actually heard the same thing from my coach. My upper body isn't really all that massive but I do think that what little mass I do have interferes with my spinning more than my jumping. I find that I'm far more capable of keeping myself lined up in a jump than trying to do so in a spin. Although if I managed to gain mass in my upper body I don't know if that would still be the case. That could be an interesting experiment! :idea: Hmmm... :D

Frank

LoopLoop
04-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Yes ... Holy gropefest, Batman!
Wasn't most of that self-inflicted? ;) :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
04-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Wasn't most of that self-inflicted? ;) :twisted:What ever are you referring to? :halo:
I think I did this after my free skate :oops: ... it was a shout out (or "touch out" :P ) to skaternum.

Hey, it's these pec muscles that assist in lifting your Ben & Jerry's, lead-pellet consuming self!

skaternum
04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Was NoVa in danger of being molested? I had no idea! But then again I should have guessed after seeing those pecs that he'd be a prime target.Yes, he's very proud of them. His chest is bigger than mine!

Are you coming to the camp in Hackensack at the end of June, skaternum? It would be great to see you again.I wish I could, but I've decided not to do any camps or seminars this summer. I need to buckle down and get to work on a few skills I've been neglecting for a while. I've found that, while I always get something out of camps like that, it's not as cost effective as if I just put the money into more ice time here and extra lessons. My spectator-only trip to KC was my fun time with skating friends. 8-)

Take care,

Frank[/QUOTE]

Terri C
04-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I've chosen to have this post deleted

NoVa Sk8r
04-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Don't lie- you probably loved every minute of it! :twisted:Um, strangers copping feels is not appreciated, and I'm very insulted that you would think that I would enjoy such salaciousness. The nerve ...

Terri C
04-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Um, strangers copping feels is not appreciated, and I'm very insulted that you would think that I would enjoy such salaciousness. The nerve ...

Sorry,sorry,sorry!!! :oops: :cry:

manleywoman
04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Seriously, does every thread have to turn into a personal joke-fest between the few of you? I thought this thread was for posting pictures.

NoVa Sk8r
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Seriously, does every thread have to turn into a personal joke-fest between the few of you? I thought this thread was for posting pictures.Oh puh-lease, Allison! I must have missed the 'post-only pics' disclaimer. :roll:

flo
04-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I guess we all sometimes forget about the PM option.