View Full Version : Hackensack Adult skating Camp

jenlyon60
04-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Link is up...

http://www.icehousenj.com/Docs/AdultCamp2005.pdf

(Unfortunately for me, it's the same weekend I had planned to re-test the Tango...)

Terri C
04-18-2005, 05:23 PM
I am scheduled to work that weekend, and need to save weekend off negotiations for Peach, as I plan on going to that this year, come hell, highwater, or hurricanes!

flo
04-19-2005, 02:33 PM
The registration flyer lists
"No individual pairs skaters"
forget it!

NoVa Sk8r
04-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Assuming I don't get maimed or severely injured, I'll be there.

And a pairs track ... how cool is that? A bunch of us will be very sore after off- and on-ice pairs skating for 2 days!

And that Sunday, 6/26, is my birthday ... I guess drinking that weekend would not be very wise, considering the intensity of the camp. Oh well. I've had enough this past week to cover me for the year--or until Peach! :P

NoVa Sk8r
06-03-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm bumping this up ...
The deadline for the camp is tomorrow--I guess I should send in MY form!

MusicSkateFan
06-05-2005, 05:23 AM
Well I am going, I faxed the form, and made reservations at the Hotel and I should be in my new skates by then. The new skates might make me a little off but oh well. My great coach thought it was an excellent Idea and at a good time with my Bronze MIF test a little more than a month away.

I hope I get more out of this one than I did the PA one. (sorry to the PA people, it just was not what I expected)

jenlyon60
06-05-2005, 05:45 AM
I debated going to do the dance track, but there's a dance test session that weekend here, and I really need to be at that test session.

LoopLoop
06-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Well I am going, I faxed the form, and made reservations at the Hotel and I should be in my new skates by then. The new skates might make me a little off but oh well. My great coach thought it was an excellent Idea and at a good time with my Bronze MIF test a little more than a month away.

I hope I get more out of this one than I did the PA one. (sorry to the PA people, it just was not what I expected)

Hey, MSF, glad you're coming!

starskate6.0
06-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Assuming I don't get maimed or severely injured, I'll be there.

And a pairs track ... how cool is that? A bunch of us will be very sore after off- and on-ice pairs skating for 2 days!

And that Sunday, 6/26, is my birthday ... I guess drinking that weekend would not be very wise, considering the intensity of the camp. Oh well. I've had enough this past week to cover me for the year--or until Peach! :P Have a good Birthday Nova, your finaly old enough to go to a pub 21 are we...mmmm ;) :lol:

NoVa Sk8r
06-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Have a good Birthday Nova, your finaly old enough to go to a pub 21 are we...mmmm ;) :lol:Yes, indeed.
I'm in the twilight of my 20s--3 more weeks to go till 3-0!

NoVa Sk8r
06-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Well I am going, I faxed the form, and made reservations at the Hotel and I should be in my new skates by then. The new skates might make me a little off but oh well. My great coach thought it was an excellent Idea and at a good time with my Bronze MIF test a little more than a month away.Glad to hear. It's gonna be a lot of fun and a lot of work.
And if you have a spare moment, you can peak in on the pairs track and get inspired. ;)

Skate@Delaware
06-05-2005, 02:07 PM

Yeah, I expected more out of that one....but I still got some good out of it. Maybe I can do Hackensack next year (I'm broke right now-gotta get more egg money saved up) and hopefully my skills will be better...

icecatepairs
06-07-2005, 03:14 AM
hey novaskater....j ans i just got back from france...wow what a trip!!! the town is awesome , as was paris...and a taste of adult skating life in france and we see how lucky we are...um they european pairs teams doubled as the ice dance teams and vice versa. ice rinks are few and far between ..as in there really are none!!!! but the people were great and so was the rink.

anyway....SEND IN YOUR CAMP APP> befroe we all look like fools for begging for the pairs track!!!!

so what are we doing to celebrate your b_day...rebecca was throwing whisky bottles at me on the ice...i should have saved them for you ....but i was worried about being held in lock down at customs for intent to sell!!!!
anyway we got great photos from mountain cup of pairs stuff...sbs press lifts with judy and paul outside on the edge of the mountain...check it out on bills web site. see you in NJ. I'll bring the bengay!
:D

NoVa Sk8r
06-07-2005, 08:00 AM
I sent in my form last Friday.

I'm so glad to hear that your trip was awesome and that you skated well. 8-) Can't wait to see your pics. One year, I hope to compete in Europe ...

Celebrate my birthday? I think we'll all be too tired after that first day of camp. But I'm sure we can think of something, though. Nips are always a good idea. :P

icecatepairs
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
hmm nips....before or after over the head lifts.....????? :?: :??

NoVa Sk8r
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM
hmm nips....before or after over the head lifts.....????? :?: :??Before, during, AND after!

MusicSkateFan
06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
I get my new skates tonight. I Hopefully will be a little used to them by the end of the month for the clinic! I might just be a little bit of a "psycho" and ask Robin Wagner for her autograph! I am going to try to make the cocktail party on Friday night, It is a long drive from DC!!

8-)