View Full Version : skaters shoes

sue123
04-15-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't know if this is just a regional thing, or commonplace. It seems like all the skaters at my rink wear sneakers that dont have laces. They're the slip on sneakers, or the ones with velcro. I personally wear the sneakers with velcro, so comfortable and easy, and after I bought them, I realized everyone else had similar style.

My thinking for this phenom is that as skaters, they spend enough time tying the laces, and don't want to do it for the sneakers also. But it could also be the current fashion trend. Is there a similar trend where everyone else is?

luna_skater
04-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Can't say there's any particular trend among the skaters at my rink. All the skaters have runners to warm up in, and people arrive at the rink in a large variety of different kinds of shoes...just whatever is in style in general.

Lmarletto
04-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Slip-on sneakers are very popular with kids, in general, these days - maybe with adults too. Judging by my son and his friends, lacing up regular sneakers so that you never have to tie them is also popular.

TashaKat
04-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Judging by my son and his friends, lacing up regular sneakers so that you never have to tie them is also popular.

Yep, that's me! How old am I again? :oops:

At the moment I've got some MBT trainers (http://www.mbt-uk.com/) which are brilliant if expensive :) They were a godsend when I wrecked my ankle 8O

They have this really cool fastening which is so easy to undo but I can't explain it very well so I'll shut up :D

Jumper
04-18-2005, 09:10 AM
TashaKat:

Did these MBT shoes affected your skating (if you are a skater, of cause)? The site and thier idea looks cool. Please, tell a bit more about your experience with them.

icedancer2
04-18-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm also curious about those MBT shoes -- I had just sseen an ad for them in our local paper when you mentioned it on this thread.

I thought the bottoms looked like they were curved like a hockey-skate blade. Is that so?

Interesting!!

Casey
04-28-2005, 04:24 AM
I bought a pair of slip-on sneakers (the ones with the little elastic bits at the sides, I think they're called mocs) specifically to reduce the time changing into and out of skates :)

I also have a nice pair of Eccos that I never wear anymore because they have to be tied (and no cheating leaving them tied, or there's no way the foot will come out).

So there you go. I like to justify my laziness with the energe spent on ice. ;)

Mel On Ice
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
lots of the kids at my old rink prefer to slip on what look like shower shoes, with massaging nubbies.

Kids at my new rink like good ol' fashioned flip-flops, although a majority of them are wearing head to toe Ambercrombie and Fitch.