View Full Version : AN send-off exhibition

Michigansk8er
04-08-2005, 04:57 PM
I just got back from my club's AN send-off exhibition. What a total disaster. My program has been going well the last few weeks...............then today happened. I screwed up my favorite spin combo big time. What the heck? :evil: Then I fell on a stop. :evil: :evil: I've never done that in my life............well, until 2 hours ago. I sure hope this means I got my bad performance out of my system.

On an up note, the club gave us really cool gifts!!!! :D :D

Mrs Redboots
04-08-2005, 05:03 PM
A bad dress rehearsal means a great performance! I'm quite sure you'll be absolutely fantastic on the day.... and I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

NoVa Sk8r
04-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Speaking of AN send-offs, Washington FSC had theirs last Sunday. If you think you had problems ... :roll:
I'm still smarting over the fact that the organizer put my singles and pairs program back to back. WTF??!! After I begged her, she moved my singles program down a few slots. Why she didn't let me skate last, I have no idea. :?:

The pairs program went pretty well, but I had to ask Loops twice during the program what came next. What gets me is that earlier in the day, we had done 2 or 3 good runthrus. Harrumph. But wait, it gets better.

In my singles program, I executed 3 elements ... then forgot my program--I totally blanked out. I couldn't even improv or fake the rest because I couldn't even think of a skating move to do. (Loops told me afterward that if that happens again, "Just spin!")

Hmm, can't figure this one out.

Michigansk8er
04-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Let's hope Annabel is right. If so, we will be in top form when it counts! :D :D :D

PattyP
04-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Last year I did the club show the weekend before AN, I skated like sh*t! I went on to AN and skated very well. This year I did a critique on Wed of this week and skated like p**p again. I feel good about this because I know that the bad one is out of my system and I will skate well in Kansas!

PattyP

sk8er1964
04-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry it went yucky this afternoon. Now, lets make a pact, Michigansk8er (and anyone else who has been injured {Michigansk8er}, or sick {me}, or lazy {me} - or all of the above).

Let's go and have a blast. WE know we are great skaters (for us, anyway) and WE know we usually have fun when we skate. Why should this be different? So let's go and have fun - everything else is secondary. 'K?

(I had a triumph today - I actually landed one of the two stupid axels in my program today - for the first time in a looooong time. Now why can I land that jump every (almost ;) ) time I do it in practice, but in the blasted program it turns into the devil? And I actually didn't physically feel like throwing up when the program was over! Maybe I won't shock the judges at the end after all :lol:. )

PS - Alice says Hi and good luck to you, Michigansk8er! She said she's really proud and happy that you are going this year. :D

Michigansk8er
04-09-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry it went yucky this afternoon. Now, lets make a pact, Michigansk8er (and anyone else who has been injured {Michigansk8er}, or sick {me}, or lazy {me} - or all of the above).

Let's go and have a blast. WE know we are great skaters (for us, anyway) and WE know we usually have fun when we skate. Why should this be different? So let's go and have fun - everything else is secondary. 'K?

OK!!!!

PS - Alice says Hi and good luck to you, Michigansk8er! She said she's really proud and happy that you are going this year. :D

Say "Hi" to Alice.............and thanks!!!!!

PattyP
04-09-2005, 10:25 AM

:D

I agree with that statement! I plan to have a great time no matter what happens! :D I leave in 2 days...can't wait!