View Full Version : hinged boots

sk8er_chick2
04-06-2005, 04:26 PM
can someone explain the point of the new jackson hinged boots?? they just look weird to me. i dont think i would be able to skate in those, i would probably break an ankle.

Lives to skate
04-06-2005, 10:41 PM
There is a good description & pictures of the hinged boot at www.icepav.com

The PRO-FLEX hinge boot design allows full motion of the ankle while providing the lateral support necessary for performing elements such as triple and quad jumps. The format addresses the many problems associated with traditional boots, which severely restrict ankle motion that is needed to absorb impact forces when landing jumps. Experts now believe that long-term use of traditional boots may be a major factor contributing to the escalating occurrence of chronic tendonitis, stress fractures and numerous other musculoskeletal injuries.
Testing and analysis of the new design by the University of Delaware Biomechanics Laboratory shows that impact forces and loads resulting from jump landings are reduced dramatically when a skater is wearing the PRO-FLEX hinge boot. The new design offers additional benefits that are not available in traditional boots and initial response from test skaters indicate that the PRO-FLEX boot has set a new standard in boot technology offering the highest performance, pain free product available.
The PRO-FLEX boot features three unique technologies:
Flex Tongue

3 PIECE TONGUE

* Three-piece anatomically designed tongue
* Flexible and expandable rubber mid section
* Eliminates restriction on ankle movement
* Patented Pending

CLOSURE SYSTEM

* Dual Closure System
* Lace free patented upper cuff*
* Eliminates lace bite and tongue slippage
*BOA Technologies Inc.

BOA Closure System
BOA Dial

ProFlex
2-PIECE BOOT SYSTEM

* Low cut boot eliminates breakdown
* Padded upper cuff ensures lateral support
* Hinged design reduces impact force

Jackson Ultima will introduce the PRO-FLEX™ boot to its dealers at trade shows in Toronto and Las Vegas in January, 2005. Initial production will be available March, 2005.
Jackson is a brand of Jackson Ultima Skates, the leader in development and manufacture of
recreational and performance figure skate products. The Company's brands include Jackson,
Ultima, Softec and Glacier and span the spectrum from innovative technology in equipment
designed for the world's leading competitive skaters to recreational skates that enhance the
skating experience for skaters of all levels. Jackson Ultima Skates is a business unit of
Tournament Sports Marketing Inc., a leading supplier of figure and ice skates, golf equipment
and apparel, and curling equipment and apparel.
For more information on these and other Jackson Ultima products please visit : www.icepav.com