View Full Version : Adult Nationals - Groupings???

TimDavidSkate
04-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Did anybody receive their groupings in the mail yet? :roll: :?: :roll:

sk8er1964
04-02-2005, 12:03 PM
No - and I'd really like to know my practice ice schedule. Michigansk8er and I are kind of waiting for that to decide when we need to be there. (Of course, in Lake Placid they never sent me any information whatsoever.) :frus:

Edited to add - I did get confirmation of entry in my two events, but that's it.

TimDavidSkate
04-02-2005, 02:57 PM
speaking of practice ice, is there another arena near by?

daisies
04-02-2005, 07:20 PM
speaking of practice ice, is there another arena near by?
IIRC, there were one or two of them listed in the announcement, and it said practice ice would be held there on Wednesday and Thursday.

Mel On Ice
04-03-2005, 02:12 PM
All I know for sure is I'm skating with SkateGuard in Bronze I.

sk8er1964
04-03-2005, 06:24 PM
All I know for sure is I'm skating with SkateGuard in Bronze I.

And Michigansk8er and I will be able to see you :mrgreen: . Can't wait to meet you, Mel!

Mel On Ice
04-03-2005, 08:08 PM
And Michigansk8er and I will be able to see you :mrgreen: . Can't wait to meet you, Mel!

Denise speaks well of you and I feel like I know you already from here, so me too!

Michigansk8er
04-03-2005, 08:10 PM
This is going to be so much fun!!!!!!!!

Mrs Redboots
04-04-2005, 04:14 AM
This is going to be so much fun!!!!!!!!Too right.... only just over a week to go!!!! I am already beginning to think of what clothes I shall need to pack - anybody know how warm the Ice Arena is?

TimDavidSkate
04-05-2005, 08:40 AM
OMG, I know its basically next week.

I am so not prepared :cry: I still don't have a program

Mrs Redboots
04-05-2005, 02:01 PM

I am so not prepared :cry: I still don't have a programWhatever are your teachers thinking of????

NoVa Sk8r
04-05-2005, 02:20 PM

I am so not prepared :cry: I still don't have a program.You really are too much. You're aware that at AN, you're only allowed one pracice session per day, right? (OR that might just be for the first 2 days). Be advised. (I'm still wishing and hoping that you'll bring back your "The Feeling Begins." ;))

daisies
04-05-2005, 02:33 PM
I am so not prepared :cry: I still don't have a programDidn't you do sectionals? What's wrong with that program?

Michigansk8er
04-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Has anyone received anything yet?

TimDavidSkate
04-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Whatever are your teachers thinking of????

:lol: I don't have a coach.

TimDavidSkate
04-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Didn't you do sectionals? What's wrong with that program?

At Sectionals I competed in the Silver level, I skated up.

This Nationals I'm competing at the Bronze level, I am just having trouble finding a 1 minute and 40 second program.

Plus I don't like the program I did at Sectionals. I never do the same program in one season :D

TimDavidSkate
04-05-2005, 04:55 PM
You really are too much. You're aware that at AN, you're only allowed one pracice session per day, right? (OR that might just be for the first 2 days). Be advised. (I'm still wishing and hoping that you'll bring back your "The Feeling Begins." ;))

Hi Stevo . Thanks for the info.
I never skate more than one practice a day anyways. I don't have any endurance :cry:

I did manage to cut 2 min and 10 seconds for Feeling Begins, I will do that program next season, I just don't know which competition. :D
Maybe New Years :halo:

NoVa Sk8r
04-05-2005, 05:26 PM
I did manage to cut 2 min and 10 seconds for Feeling Begins, I will do that program next season, I just don't know which competition. :D
Maybe New Years :halo:Please warn me ahead of time! 8O

TimDavidSkate
04-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Please warn me ahead of time! 8O

Oh hush, so are we getting wasted in Kansas? :D :D :D

Where are the practices going to be at?

daisies
04-05-2005, 05:53 PM
I never do the same program in one season :DYou might as well be speaking a foreign language, because, seriously, my brain can't comprehend that! *head explodes*

TimDavidSkate
04-05-2005, 07:26 PM
You might as well be speaking a foreign language, because, seriously, my brain can't comprehend that! *head explodes*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jazzpants
04-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I never do the same program in one season :DUmmm... didn't you do the same program at this year's Eastern as you did at this New Year's Invitational...or just same music, different program? (Going by what you listed you did on your website?) :??

sk8er1964
04-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Has anyone received anything yet?

Nada. Last time I calculated it, KC is only a 10-12 hour drive away from us. I doubt the post office is that slow, so obviously the LOC didn't mail them on the 29th. Wonder if we'll even get them before we skate?

I wonder why in the heck they didn't email them out. I know there was an email slot on the application. Why not use that for those of us who included them? Even if they didn't want to email them, why not have it up on their website by now? The results end up on the USFS website, so it's not like the competitors are a secret. I can't believe that they don't know the groups and practice ice by now..... :evil:

Michigansk8er
04-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I can't believe that they don't know the groups and practice ice by now..... :evil:

Me neither. :evil: It's looking like it will be a surprise when we get there.

TimDavidSkate
04-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Ummm... didn't you do the same program at this year's Eastern as you did at this New Year's Invitational...or just same music, different program? (Going by what you listed you did on your website?) :??

You're right, I did. The program that I was planning was just too ambitious and I didn't had enough time to do another program.

Any suggestions for any good cut of music for a minute and 40 sec?

sk8er1964
04-05-2005, 08:27 PM
You're right, I did. The program that I was planning was just too ambitious and I didn't had enough time to do another program.

The Planets by Holst. Can't remember which one it is (maybe Mars), but one of the pieces' ending is just about 1:40. Strong, some changes of pace, and easy to cut.

As for putting a program together in less than a week, good luck. 8O

sk8er1964
04-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Me neither. :evil: It's looking like it will be a surprise when we get there.

I emailed them a desperate plea. Let's see if we get any response there. (Never did from the Lake Placid LOC in this same situation last year. :twisted: )

SK8RX
04-05-2005, 10:13 PM

Boy, and I thought I was pushing the envelope with a program choreographed in January. Why don't you just use the music and choreo you used at New Years and cut it down to 1:40 - you did pretty well with that program as I recall. At any rate, it couldn't be any more problematic than trying to set a program in a week - and at least you'll have some muscle memory to back you up. Nova's right - there is no possible way for you to try set a program on any practice session at Nationals. Good luck to you.

NoVa Sk8r
04-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Oh hush, so are we getting wasted in Kansas? :D :D :DUm, was I not clear earlier? ... Steve does not drink. Good Catholic boys do not get "wasted." :halo:

jazzpants
04-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Steve does not drink. Good Catholic boys do not get "wasted." :halo:And what about those vodka nips that Becca was talking about on another thread, huh? :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
04-06-2005, 12:16 AM
And what about those vodka nips that Becca was talking about on another thread, huh? :twisted:The nip is too small to be considered a drink--it's more of an innocent swig. ;)

jazzpants
04-06-2005, 12:26 AM
The nip is too small to be considered a drink--it's more of an innocent swig. ;) And just how many of these "innocent swigs" did you have??? ;) :lol:

Mrs Redboots
04-06-2005, 07:03 AM
And just how many of these "innocent swigs" did you have??? ;) :lol:I expect he did exactly what I did at the Mountain Cup (they were Bourbon nips there, and I didn't know I liked Bourbon until that day....) - he drank his own, and then he went round collecting them from them as don't drink..... after all, it would be a sin to waste them, no? ;)

NoVa Sk8r
04-06-2005, 07:20 AM
And just how many of these "innocent swigs" did you have??? ;) :lol:Um ... more than three. :oops:

MusicSkateFan
04-06-2005, 07:33 AM
:roll: Wow, I don't know if I will be able to deal with all of this next year! Maybe I should just enjoy my lessons and not ever compete... :P Yeah right! I can't wait to be in Dallas to do my thang and meet all these people!

Mel On Ice
04-06-2005, 08:10 AM
I got word from Lori that they did not mail out confirmations until Saturday the 2nd.

I emailed a desperate plea for information since I am leaving Grand Rapids to paint the house in St. Louis and won't be anywhere near my mailbox in the next two weeks.

4/14/2005 10:33 Interpretive Adult Ladies I Group A Rink B--Pepsi Ice
4/15/2005 3:22 Free Skate - Bronze Ladies I Rink A--Pepsi Ice

Practice Ice
4/12/2005 6 :15 PM Pepsi Ice Midwest: Rink A
4/13/2005 7 :00 AM Pepsi Ice Midwest: Rink B
4/14/2005 11:45 AM AMF Ice Chateau

I looked up the interp event for Thursday, and riddle me this: the event is OVER at 11:30am, then I have to wait for results. How am I going to make my practice ice at 11:45 at another rink?!

Terri C
04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
:roll: Wow, I don't know if I will be able to deal with all of this next year! Maybe I should just enjoy my lessons and not ever compete... :P Yeah right! I can't wait to be in Dallas to do my thang and meet all these people!

You need to start a little early and come to Peach! :P

flo
04-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I wish they would just post the groupings on the site.

skaternum
04-06-2005, 08:41 AM
I am so not prepared :cry: I still don't have a programCan we say, "self-sabotge" ???? Are you trying to give yourself an excuse if you don't skate well. You know, waiting until the week of Adult Nationals is NOT normal, nor is it smart.

This is a serious question: if you never train (per your journal, you never seem to be able to drag yourself to the rink) and you don't prepare a program, why do you bother to compete?

jazzpants
04-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Um ... more than three. :oops:Uh huh! Thought so!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I've NEVER met a "good Catholic boy" who doesn't drink. (I should know. I married one. :roll: But at least he drinks responsibly...he knows well enough to gives me the keys when I ask for it...) :P

NoVa Sk8r
04-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Uh huh! Thought so!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I've NEVER met a "good Catholic boy" who doesn't drink. (I should know. I married one. :roll: But at least he drinks responsibly...he knows well enough to gives me the keys when I ask for it...) :PDrinking ... well, that's what makes us so good! 8-)
I still say that was an isolated incident. :halo:

Terri C
04-06-2005, 10:10 AM
I still say that was an isolated incident. :halo:

NOT!!!!! :P :twisted:

MusicSkateFan
04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
8-) Yeah, dont give me that good Catholic stuff! I played in a jazz band at a Catholic Bazaar and they raffled off a "Basket of Cheer" (not that kind of Basket, Dennis!) it was full of booze! All the"good Catholic boys" had tickets for that!
:P

NoVa Sk8r
04-06-2005, 10:30 AM
8-) Yeah, don't give me that good Catholic stuff! I played in a jazz band at a Catholic Bazaar and they raffled off a "Basket of Cheer" (not that kind of Basket, Dennis!) it was full of booze! All the"good Catholic boys" had tickets for that!
:PI am *SHOCKED*! 8O

Sanctimoniously (;)) yours,
ST

PattyP
04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I emailed them a desperate plea. Let's see if we get any response there. (Never did from the Lake Placid LOC in this same situation last year. :twisted: )

Let us know if you get anything. My coach is having a fit since she will have 6 skaters and would like to have a schedule laid out before we get there...

NoVa Sk8r
04-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Today's posting on the adult nationals page (http://www.silverblades.org/adultnatl.html) reads:

"Confirmations were mailed late on 4/2/05 (sorry - it was a little later than we expected!). Practice ice schedule will be posted by the end of the day. Groupings will NOT be posted, per the Chief Referee."

Not post the groupings? Ugh. ... How annoying.

sk8er1964
04-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Let us know if you get anything. My coach is having a fit since she will have 6 skaters and would like to have a schedule laid out before we get there...

She emailed me my schedule for practice ice and my interp group this morning. Pretty fast response! :bow:

As NoVa said, they've put a notice up on the AN page.

daisies
04-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I looked up the interp event for Thursday, and riddle me this: the event is OVER at 11:30am, then I have to wait for results. How am I going to make my practice ice at 11:45 at another rink?!Just have your Thursday practice changed when you get there. No biggie. :)

flo
04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Should be interesting. I hope the practice ice line is reasonable. In the event that I actually make finals and need ice, if anyone has extra session they can't use, let me know!
Thanks

jazzpants
04-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Drinking ... well, that's what makes us so good! 8-)
I still say that was an isolated incident. :halo:And just how many of these "isolate incidents" did you have so far, huh? (Or maybe I should ask "how many of these 'isolated incidents' did you remember so far?" :twisted: :P :lol: )

NoVa Sk8r
04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
And just how many of these "isolated incidents" did you have so far, huh? (Or maybe I should ask "how many of these 'isolated incidents' did you remember so far?" :twisted: :P :lol: )I don't have problems remembering things (except for my skating programs, d'oh! :oops: ). And trust me, I'm the last person you want to see drink. I act drunk and out of control and hypermanic most of the time anyway. (Poor Loops!!!)

TimDavidSkate
04-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Can we say, "self-sabotge" ???? Are you trying to give yourself an excuse if you don't skate well. You know, waiting until the week of Adult Nationals is NOT normal, nor is it smart.

This is a serious question: if you never train (per your journal, you never seem to be able to drag yourself to the rink) and you don't prepare a program, why do you bother to compete?

I just love the adrenaline I get the from competition. :halo:

And nahs, Im not making an excuse. I know if I don't perform well, I have myself to blame for. But I like putting myself in this type of position where I can challenge myself to the max at the last minute. For some odd reason i get a kick out of it.

NoVa Sk8r
04-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I just love the adrenaline I get the from competition. :halo:

And nahs, Im not making an excuse. I know if I don't perform well, I have myself to blame for. But I like putting myself in this type of position where I can challenge myself to the max at the last minute. For some odd reason i get a kick out of it.Pardon my question here, but did you get a kick out of your Peach performance? Admittedly, that wasn't your brightest moment on ice. Just curious ...

TimDavidSkate
04-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Pardon my question here, but did you get a kick out of your Peach performance? Admittedly, that wasn't your brightest moment on ice. Just curious ...

That was just a complete disaster, I had my reasons besides being unprepared. But I had some good moments :roll: :roll: :roll:

Terri C
04-06-2005, 05:01 PM
I am *SHOCKED*! 8O

Sanctimoniously (;)) yours,
ST

Please, if there is white smoke coming from KC this time next week, we are in trouble!!! :lol:

Thin-Ice
04-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Today's posting on the adult nationals page (http://www.silverblades.org/adultnatl.html) reads:

"Confirmations were mailed late on 4/2/05 (sorry - it was a little later than we expected!). Practice ice schedule will be posted by the end of the day. Groupings will NOT be posted, per the Chief Referee."

Not post the groupings? Ugh. ... How annoying.

I received my groupings and practice ice schedule on Wednesday.. and our mail delivery is usually a day or two behind everyone else I know. (I live in a rather rural area.... which means the nearest rink is nearly an hour away.. so it's not just the Postal Service.) By the way, I don't recall groupings ever being posted before.. anybody else remember which AN's had groupings posted BEFORE we arrived?

Raine
04-07-2005, 08:10 AM
anybody else remember which AN's had groupings posted BEFORE we arrived?

Hi, Thin Ice. All the AN groups for 2003 Ann Arbor were posted on the sk8stuff site IIRC. It was great to know in advance who was going to be there.

Cheers,
Raine

NoVa Sk8r
04-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Well, at least the practice schedule (http://www.silverblades.org/ANdocs/rptPracticeSchedule.htm) has been posted.

flo
04-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Got mine, silver II group A

skaternum
04-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Cool!
(I'm just posting this to test out my new sig line.) :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
04-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Cool!
(I'm just posting this to test out my new sig line.) :twisted:Conclave begins on April 18 ... right after adult nationals. Coincidence? My Ave Maria interp should help my campaign as well. :P

<NoVaforPope.org> 8-)

Terri C
04-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Everyone,
Please keep in mind that the Papal Conclave (the papal election for non Catholics) will begin on April 19. That will give favored Pope Stephen I a chance to rest and recouperate from AN, as well as prepare any Church teaching changes. :lol:
Now I must make it a point to go to Confession on Saturday!

daisies
04-07-2005, 01:20 PM
To those of you who've received your group confirmations: Did you also receive a list of which practices you're on? I only signed up for one practice, on Monday, and since the practice ice desk is just opening on Monday, I need to know when my session is that day, before I get there. Thanks!

Debbie S
04-07-2005, 01:38 PM
My Ave Maria interp should help my campaign as well. :P

I thought you didn't do interp numbers? :?? :lol:

Good luck to everyone competing at AN! Maybe I'll make it there next year - although if the new age class proposal goes through, I'll have to be Bronze II instead of I. :evil: (I want my remaining 2 years of Class I eligibility, darn it!)

jazzpants
04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Good luck to everyone competing at AN! Maybe I'll make it there next year - although if the new age class proposal goes through, I'll have to be Bronze II instead of I. :evil: (I want my remaining 2 years of Class I eligibility, darn it!)Better than me, I'll be in Bronze III -- and I've only been a "current Class II" for two years!!!) :evil:

Good luck and good skatin' everyone going to AN!!! We'll see if I'll be there with you in Dallas NEXT YEAR...

NoVa for Pope!!! Bless you... :lol: :mrgreen: (And while we're talking about blessing, would someone please help me bless the ice for PattyP at KC?) :mrgreen:

NoVa Sk8r
04-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I thought you didn't do interp numbers? :?? :lol: Yeah, I also said that I don't drink! ;)

Terri C
04-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I also said that I don't drink! ;)

Your Holiness,
Please remember the commandment "Thau shall not lie."

NoVa Sk8r
04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Received my event confirmation and practice ice schedule today. 8-)

I see that I was maybe a little overzealous, as I signed up for 7 practice sessions (4 pairs, 3 singles sessions). And they gave me 2 pair sessions on early Tuesday afternoon. Um, I don't think I'll even be there for that. Grrr, I noted that on the practice ice form I sent in.

Does anyone know how practice ice goes with respect to rescheduling? If I am listed for a specific time, can I exchange it? Or if I don't want to skate at all (yeah, the 6AM session on Saturday might go unused!), can I give away my practice session?

daisies
04-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know how practice ice goes with respect to rescheduling? If I am listed for a specific time, can I exchange it? Or if I don't want to skate at all (yeah, the 6AM session on Saturday might go unused!), can I give away my practice session?Usually you just go to the practice ice desk and ask to exchange what you were assigned for something else. You might not be able to get a refund for unused sessions, but at least you can exchange it. You should do so before the session you were assigned starts; you can't go after the fact and say you didn't skate it and want something else. Since you said two of your practices take place before you even arrive, I would send an email to the LOC stating that fact so that you get it on the record before the sessions come and go without you on them.

In terms of giving away your session, I'm not sure if that's allowed because before each practice you have to check in with the ice monitor, who has a list of who is paid for that session. I wouldn't advise having someone else say they're you. Good luck!

TimDavidSkate
04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
How far is this AMF Ice Chateau? Does anyone have any information on this rink?

NoVa Sk8r
04-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Usually you just go to the practice ice desk and ask to exchange what you were assigned for something else. You might not be able to get a refund for unused sessions, but at least you can exchange it. You should do so before the session you were assigned starts; you can't go after the fact and say you didn't skate it and want something else.

In terms of giving away your session, I'm not sure if that's allowed because before each practice you have to check in with the ice monitor, who has a list of who is paid for that session. I wouldn't advise having someone else say they're you. Good luck!Thanks for the info. This is my first nationals, and I remember all the negative postings about practice ice last year in Lake Placid, so I don't know what to expect here.

But I noticed on the AN website: "Changes can be made when you check-in for the competition."

Since I'm getting there relatively early, I *shouldn't* be stuck in too much of a crowd (I hope).

Raine
04-08-2005, 08:40 AM
I got a 5:30 a.m. practice time 8O , and two 6:30 a.m. slots. Okay, I do skate 6:00 a.m. sessions during the year, but it's only because I have to get my skating in before I go to work. ANs is my vacation! Wow I hope I can exchange these.

Cheers,
Raine

LoopLoop
04-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Got mine, silver II group A
I'm in group A too, Flo.

And I'll need to visit the practice ice desk on Tuesday; I'm scheduled for a pairs practice at the same time as our official warmup for silver II!

nja
04-08-2005, 02:28 PM
We haven't gotten our practice schedules yet, but I'm hoping we don't have any conflicts. I'll never forget the AN in Marlborough when they had my dance partner and I on separate practices. I had to call them and tell them that it's really more effective for a team to practice together. Not sure what they were thinking!!