View Full Version : New Silver and Bronze requirements

dcden
04-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that the Adult Committee has passed a recommendation to revise the allowable elements in Adult Silver FS. Now you are allowed to do at most two double jumps (competition only, not test). And for Adult Bronze FS, the committee has recommended the change to allow Axels, again in competition but not the test. The motivation was to reward the stronger skaters and to allow the judges to make clearer distinctions among skaters in larger groups. You can contact Rollo S. Piaf for clarifications and comments.

flo
04-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Great, when does this become official?
Could you give us the contact information?
Thanks!

Raine
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Hmmm...it is April 1st, so I'm not going to believe anything I read today. ;)

NoVa Sk8r
04-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Yeah, thanx for the funny post, den. Haha! 8-)

flo
04-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Perhaps we can get a few more recommendations passed today!! :lol:

dcden
04-01-2005, 09:36 AM
It was also suggested by Italian ISU member Paolo Slirf that adult events would be added to the Olympic Program in Torino 2006 as a demonstration event, so keep those two weeks open!

Terri C
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Den,
Thanks for the April Fool's joke!

skaternum
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
You crack me up!! :lol:

Figureskates
04-01-2005, 10:31 AM
You mean they have done away with the double bunny hop requirement?

FrankR
04-01-2005, 10:55 AM
:lol: :lol:

I actually fell for this. I actually sat here just now and started pondering which two double jumps I was going to try and stuff in my program and the feeling of panic quickly ensued!

I'm such a gullible nincompoop. :oops:

Thanks Dennis!

Frank

jazzpants
04-01-2005, 11:18 AM

I actually fell for this. I actually sat here just now and started pondering which two double jumps I was going to try and stuff in my program and the feeling of panic quickly ensued!

Thanks Dennis!
Don't feel too bad, Frank. For about two seconds, I was thinking "AUGH!!!! NOT again!!! As if the bar of getting to AN in the first place isn't high enough as is..." Then I remembered it's April Fools Day, thought about the GC making their decision in MAY and started thinking of how we're gonna get back at dcden for this gag!!! :twisted: :lol: (Good one, dcden!!!)

Mel On Ice
04-01-2005, 11:41 AM
my first reaction was "it better be an April Fool's joke!" I'm already going to get buried in Bronze in two weeks even though I have started work on Silver moves.

dcden
04-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Then I ... started thinking of how we're gonna get back at dcden for this gag!!! :twisted: :lol: (Good one, dcden!!!)

Hack my website and have it say that I landed a double Axel at Sectionals?

JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!!! HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!!

phillyskater
04-01-2005, 04:04 PM

ME TOO!! When I read it, I started reminiscing about all of our "sandbagging in Bronze I" posts a few weeks back and then thought....great, now I'm never getting out of Bronze!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Axels at Bronze...I give up. :giveup:

Pooh on April Fool's Day. (Actually, kudos to Dennis...for the laugh...after the panic).

philly

jazzpants
04-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Hack my website and have it say that I landed a double Axel at Sectionals?Only if I could also add "dressed up as Michelle Kwan in the Interpretative event." I'll even doctor up Jay's old photo to put your head in the picture too! :twisted: :lol: :P

mikawendy
04-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Only if I could also add "dressed up as Michelle Kwan in the Interpretative event." I'll even doctor up Jay's old photo to put your head in the picture too! :twisted: :lol: :P

Or you could put his head AND Jay's head in the photo, like that beer commercial where the guy has a smaller head attached to his shoulder, lol!

Terri C
04-01-2005, 06:48 PM
I forgot to tell everyone in my post from this morning that I will be flying to Vegas to elope with a special someone within the next week or so! :D

I fooled several of my co-workers with this one today! :lol: