View Full Version : Boot Suggestions

iskatealot
03-30-2005, 07:54 PM
I need to get new boots soon and though Im likely to get whatever fits best and will work well for my level I was wondering if anyone had suggestions??
First of all I live in Canada so I cant get custom boots or anything.
I am working on my doubles mostly dbl toe and dbl sal. Right now I have Risport Super Cristellos (the older version (2 years old) not that they are very different from the new ones) with Coronation Comet blades. Suggestions?

dbny
03-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Try the Graf Edmonton Specials with either Pattern 99 blades or Gold Seals.

Michigansk8er
03-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Try the Graf Edmonton Specials with either Pattern 99 blades or Gold Seals.

I'll second that!

CanAmSk8ter
04-01-2005, 11:01 AM
You can certainly get customs in Canada! What you need is to have someone who knows what they're doing (that part is very important) measure and trace your feet and note any "oddities". They send that information to Harlick in California or Klingbeil in New York or whoever and they make your boots. It's not as good as having the actual boot maker person see your feet, but it can and does work. Just be prepared to maybe have to send them back once if there are issues.

It doesn't sound to me like you need customs yet anyway though. If you like the Risports, why not stick with them? It sounds like you might want to go up to the RF2 at this point, but if the Risport works for you I'd stick with it. I have heard good things about the Grafs too, but I'm wary of the Edmonton Special for someone your level unless you're big and a heavy lander. I think that would be a BIG step up from a Super Cristallo. Granted I'm not that familiar with Grafs, but I'm pretty sure that's what my best friend wore til a couple years ago and he was maybe 165lbs and doing triples in them.

Lives to skate
04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
I am a US distributor for Jackson Skate company from Canada. I sell skates on www.icepav.com

We can order any custom size you need.

I skate in Adult gold and can do 7 doubles and two triples. I have found the Jackson DJ 3500 an excellent choice for me. I also have 24 skaters wearing their boots and blades.

I am not a paid endorsor of their skates, I have seen it for myself and in my skaters, that these skates work well and are affordable. I hope this helps.