View Full Version : Th-th-th-that's All, Folks!

quarkiki2
03-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Well, it had to heppen eventually...

Saturday was my very last lesson until after the baby comes. Although I've been skating better than I ever have, I was feeling less inclined to do anything other than forward stroking. Which really doesn't require a lesson. My coach is tremendously supportive and teases me that she's going to bring a pregnancy belly for me to skate around in after the baby since my edges and placement over the blade have never been better.

I did learn FI-FO brackets and FI choctaws and the boards. Choctaws seemed very easy for me (all those years of turning my feet out in ballet). Then we worked a bit on my two foot spin (I'd stopped the one-foot about two months ago when I started showing). And, of coruse, I hit the sweet spot four times in a row, LOL! First that's ever happened so consistently!

In other news, the baby isdoing well. He's very active and likes to kick a spot just to the right of my belly button. My doctor thinks he might be huge -- 9 or 10 lbs. huge. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

I will be at ISI Synchro Nationals this week cheering on our Adult team and our brand new youth team. Good luck to all participating!!!

Isk8NYC
03-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh, I remember when I stopped skating at 8 months. I was very sad, but I knew it was the right thing to do. (Now, I'm sick of doing the right thing.)

I hope everything with the baby goes well, and that his size is no matter. Here's wishing a happy, healthy baby!

NickiT
03-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I never skated while pregnant. With my first pregnancy I had a threatened miscarriage at 6 weeks and so that was that. I went on to deliver prematurely so the second time I stopped skating on the day I took a positive test. It made no difference - I gave birth even more prematurely (10 weeks to be precise!). I missed skating like mad but I knew I wouldn't commit to it while I had a baby in my tummy so it was probably for the best, and with both coming along so early I was back skating before my due date on both occasions!

Anyway good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. Let us know how it goes!

Nicki

garyc254
03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Good luck, Quark!!!

You'll be back skating before you know it.

Don't forget to look up Susan at the Detroit rink. Mel-on-Ice, too.

Mel On Ice
03-28-2005, 09:40 PM
yay Quark, I'll see you Saturday!

TashaKat
03-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Good luck :D

jazzpants
03-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Good luck, Quark!!! We look forward to hearing about your return on the ice after a nice healthy baby is born! :mrgreen:

Mrs Redboots
03-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Indeed, all the best, and every blessing! Hope all goes well for you.

flippet
03-29-2005, 09:12 AM
And, of coruse, I hit the sweet spot four times in a row, LOL! First that's ever happened so consistently!

:D I have a friend who said that she never spun as well as she did while pregnant. It does something to the center of gravity or something....whatever it is, it's a good thing!

Congrats on the baby--when are you due, again?