TimDavidSkate
03-27-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm so bored.... :roll:

So what music piece are you guys doing?

Me, I'm not sure yet :halo:

SkateGuard
03-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Freestyle: overture to Mamma Mia!
Interp: Goldfinger (from the Bond film--complete with gold lame bodysuit--if you're a straight guy, please come watch! :D )

Next year, both programs will be _very_ different, but I think I want to keep them a surprise for a bit of time.... :lol:

Stormy
03-27-2005, 07:33 PM
You don't know what you're skating to at NATIONALS??????? It's in a few weeks! How do you do runthroughs? Don't you pick a piece and choreograph it and really work at it? How can you have a program consistent for Nationals if you haven't picked music yet? I'm just 8O 8O 8O

Well, anyways...I'm doing my Silver I program to Classical Gas by Vanessa Mae. I've used it many times with great results. :)

skaternum
03-27-2005, 07:38 PM
So what music piece are you guys doing?

Me, I'm not sure yet :halo:Haven't you learned yet not to do a competition on the fly? According to your online journal, you swear after every disappointing skate that you'll change your ways and never, never wait until the last minute again. :giveup:

TimDavidSkate
03-27-2005, 07:40 PM
You don't know what you're skating to at NATIONALS??????? It's in a few weeks! How do you do runthroughs? Don't you pick a piece and choreograph it and really work at it? How can you have a program consistent for Nationals if you haven't picked music yet? I'm just 8O 8O 8O:)

I know that's my biggest problem in skating. I get too tired very quickly with my music pieces. It is hard to pick a 1 minute and 40 second program. Any suggestions? :halo:

TimDavidSkate
03-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, anyways...I'm doing my Silver I program to Classical Gas by Vanessa Mae. I've used it many times with great results. :)

I love that piece. When do you skate Stormy?

TimDavidSkate
03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Haven't you learned yet not to do a competition on the fly? According to your online journal, you swear after every disappointing skate that you'll change your ways and never, never wait until the last minute again. :giveup:

I know.... :halo: :halo: :halo: I decided on Theme from Out of Africa, but it doesn't have a good bang at the end.

TimDavidSkate
03-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey Skaternum, when do you skate? :D

icecatepairs
03-27-2005, 08:04 PM
ok, i would freak out if i didn' t have my program done by the summer. and use the year to get comfortable! I though november/decmber was late to get our pairs program...yikes!

i skate to the theme from the rock for singles
jurassic park for pairs
sorry can't divulge the interp number ...by order of the coach 8-)

I love that vanessa mae version, what level do you skate and when are you competing in kansas? :?:

skaternum
03-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey Skaternum, when do you skate? :DYou must have missed my 13 posts saying I wasn't skating. I'm just coming for the party! :P

NoVa Sk8r
03-27-2005, 08:36 PM
You must have missed my 13 posts saying I wasn't skating. I'm just coming for the party! :PLOL, skaternum. Oh, I can't wait for Kansas! We have much scheming to do ... :twisted: :P

TimDavidSkate
03-27-2005, 09:02 PM
You must have missed my 13 posts saying I wasn't skating. I'm just coming for the party! :P

yeh, sorry, I must have missed it :halo:

LoopLoop
03-28-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm skating to Rachmaninoff's Vocalise for silver II freestyle, and this will only be my second time competing with this program!

And Return of the King for silver pairs.

Mel On Ice
03-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Bronze free - YYZ by Rush
INterp - Minnie the Moocher by Cab Calloway

jazzpants
03-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Bronze free - YYZ by RushWOW!!! That's a ROCKIN' song!!!! :mrgreen: How did you managed to get your coach to let you do HEAVY rock guitar piece like that??? I'm jealous!!!

My secondary coach would have a COW and tell my primary coach to "deal with jazzpants" if I bring in something like THAT!!! Of course, I would have loved to have brought that in last Wed when we were picking out artistic music for me just so I can see the look on her face when she hears it! :twisted: :lol: :P

Maryeb44
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
OK, I am new here, so I have a question about the differences in levels. Do you think that someone could fill me in some more details about the levels? When you say GOLD, do you mean GOLD as in Senior level (Gold FS test being needing a double lutz and 4:10 minute program) or does it mean something else? Also what do these other levels signify? Bronze, Masters???

Also, what is Interp? Is that where they play a piece of music and you habe to create a program on the fly or does it mean something else now?

If someone could explain this to me, I'd really appreciate it! For some details on me, I passed my 4th figure and my Novice FS test about 20 years ago...

Thanx a bunch!

jazzpants
03-28-2005, 07:09 PM
OK, I am new here, so I have a question about the differences in levels. Do you think that someone could fill me in some more details about the levels? When you say GOLD, do you mean GOLD as in Senior level (Gold FS test being needing a double lutz and 4:10 minute program) or does it mean something else? Also what do these other levels signify? Bronze, Masters???

Also, what is Interp? Is that where they play a piece of music and you habe to create a program on the fly or does it mean something else now?

If someone could explain this to me, I'd really appreciate it! For some details on me, I passed my 4th figure and my Novice FS test about 20 years ago...

Thanx a bunch!

Gold level in this case is Adult Gold FS level. This is the equivalent FS test-wise to probably a Juv level skater. Here are the test elements on the Adult Track to Adult Gold.
http://www.sk8stuff.com/f_rules/singles_fs_test_elements_adult.htm

And here are the competition requirements:
http://www.sk8stuff.com/f_rules/adult_qualifying_eligibility.htm

From Adult Gold on, you do the standard track from Int. Moves/FS on and be considered a Masters level skater. In your case, since you've passed the Novice FS test, you would be a Master's Novice level skater.

Interp is nothing more than an artistic program.

Hope that helps!

manleywoman
03-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Actually, you skate a level up in Adults once you hit Masters. So if you passed Novice you skate Junior.

daisies
03-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Actually, you skate a level up in Adults once you hit Masters. So if you passed Novice you skate Junior.

Actually ... it's either! You can do Masters Novice if you've passed your Intermediate and no higher than (but including) your Novice, and you can do Masters Junior of you've passed your Novice and no higher than your Junior. Masters Senior is at least the Junior test. So each Masters level offers the option of skating up or not. :)

Mel On Ice
03-28-2005, 09:39 PM
WOW!!! That's a ROCKIN' song!!!! :mrgreen: How did you managed to get your coach to let you do HEAVY rock guitar piece like that??? I'm jealous!!!

My secondary coach would have a COW and tell my primary coach to "deal with jazzpants" if I bring in something like THAT!!! Of course, I would have loved to have brought that in last Wed when we were picking out artistic music for me just so I can see the look on her face when she hears it! :twisted: :lol: :P

my Missouri coach encouraged me to cover the spectrum when it came to musical interpretation. She lets me pick the music and she edits and choreographs. Somehow I knew you'd like it. :D

But my choices are not without advisement or thought. She wanted something that would make me push on the ice and go faster. I tend to skate slow to softer pieces.

Also, since I knew I was going to compete in my first AN, I wanted a little piece of my husband out there with me, and Rush is his favorite rock band. I PROMISE not to play air drums or air guitar during my skate, but I can't promise I won't throw some rock festival arms in the air in triumph when I am done skating.

techskater
03-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon for FS and Kung FU FIghting for Interp

NoVa Sk8r
03-29-2005, 06:41 PM
-"Harlem Nocturne" (blues guitar version) for silver I men

-selections from "Return of the King" (awesomely and seamlessly cut by Loops!) for silver pairs

daisies
03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Kung FU FIghting for Interp

I love that program! Good luck! :)

starskate6.0
03-29-2005, 10:21 PM
The Movie Ballet and the Automobile ( both written in 1938) fun stuff. :lol: As for my Interp .....Well some of you have seen it but Ill keep it a suprize from most of you. You will just have to see. ;) Masters interp II.
Hint. ( " I joined the Circus like i wanted too, when I was a kid") well not really I was 26 when I did that ..... :mrgreen:

sk8er1964
04-01-2005, 06:45 PM
The Bacchanal from Samson and Delilah for FS (second year - although we've made some choreography changes since Lake Placid - and even since Mids). I love this music - I will retire it after this year, but I could listen to this music forever.

God Bless the USA for interp - I'm a veteran and this is my first ever interp program, which my Mom (a former coach) and I put together after AN last year. It's my tribute to the men and women in the military - when I was in, we used to sing this song at the very top of our lungs in the military clubs. I would guess that they still do.

Michigansk8er
04-01-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm not saying. I'm only doing interp this year.........and I think you have to be a Class III skater to have a chance of knowing this music.

jazzpants
04-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Kung FU FIghting for InterpI bet your skating is "fast as lightening," not "a little bit frightening" and done with "expert timing." (HAAAA!!!!) :lol:

techskater
04-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Don't I wish jazzpants! If it was all of that, I may actually have a shot against all those Masters Ladies! LOL!!!

Mrs Redboots
04-02-2005, 03:31 AM
I'm not saying. I'm only doing interp this year.........and I think you have to be a Class III skater to have a chance of knowing this music.And since we are not competing against each other, she very kindly said I could use the same music, but my coach, who would definitely be a Class III skater were he still a competitive skater, which he isn't, didn't like it and said the judges wouldn't know what I was doing. "I think it's quite obvious," said his wife, who is barely class II yet, but.... so I am doing a similar theme, but with different music.

sk8er1964
04-02-2005, 12:12 PM
And since we are not competing against each other, she very kindly said I could use the same music, but my coach, who would definitely be a Class III skater were he still a competitive skater, which he isn't, didn't like it and said the judges wouldn't know what I was doing. "I think it's quite obvious," said his wife, who is barely class II yet, but.... so I am doing a similar theme, but with different music.

Having seen the program, I think that the judges will get it with no problems, even if they've never heard the music before.

Mrs Redboots
04-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Well, I would have thought so, too! I'm longing to see it myself!

flo
04-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Moonlight Sonota, Silver II

PattyP
04-04-2005, 02:21 PM
FS - Music from "The Triplets of Belleville"

Interp - Survivor - Both theme from the show and the disco song.