View Full Version : Bad boots, Good blades.

skatingmozzie
03-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi Everyone!
I've just got my new boots and I'm not sure what to do with the old ones.
They're really bad, no good for selling and I don't know how to get rid of them because I normally give my old boots to my little brother, but these ones are no good.The blades are fine and are perfect for selling so they're all sorted out but I have no Idea what to do with the boots.Any tips? :?: :?:

jp1andOnly
03-27-2005, 01:25 AM
just throw them out. If thye aren't usable for anyone why bother trying to put them anywhere except the garbage?

samba
03-27-2005, 02:06 AM
I suppose you could add a novelty feature to your garden and stick them out there with a plant inside them. Personally I have an attic full of my sons old boots, dont know why I keep them, they are totally unusable but then I still have some of his clothes from when he was about 5 years old, he's now 34 so maybe its a mum thing or maybe I just like collecting junk!

singerskates
03-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Take the blades off of the boots that are bad for skating but keep them to collect signatures of your favourite elite skaters. You don't want to mark up your pair with which your are now skating.

I've got Megan Wing on one old boot and Arron Lowe on the other but both of them have Elvis Stojko and Jeffery Buttle ( I aquired Jeff's Hancock after the Parade of Champions at 2005 Reg. Canadians in London.)

singerskates

jenlyon60
03-27-2005, 08:43 AM
There's a couple of groups that work with low-income kids to get them interested in skating. They are usually always looking for donations... including used skates/boots. Often what is worn out to us is okay for very low level skaters.

For example, Friends of Fort Dupont (in the Washington DC area)

https://www.charityadvantage.com/fdia/Help.asp

slusher
03-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Agree, make flowerpots. It's a working class thing round these parts to make flowerpots out of your old work boots, why not figure skates.