View Full Version : Hey Joanna (aka jazzpants)!

montanarose
03-24-2005, 09:41 PM
I have decided to accompany my husband on a bidness trip to Palo Alto in late April and I was hoping to skate at the Winter Lodge in P.A. Alas, when I visited their website I found that their season closes early in April :cry:

He'll be in meetings all day Tuesday and Wednesday and I would love to skate if there are any other venues -- especially adult-friendly ones -- in the area. I'll have a rental car so traveling is not a problem.

Otherwise, I'll have to kill all that time at the Stanford Shopping Center :lol:

Any suggestions/invitations would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Ellen

jazzpants
03-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey, Ellen!

Wanna skate with me on Wednesday nights at YB in SF??? :mrgreen: You could meet the ONE coach that has made me afraid of her more than falling from going fast!!! :lol: :twisted: You'll also get to meet the group of teens that affectionately refers to me as "Auntie Joanna." :D I will warn you though that this is not an adults-only session... and since it's cheapskate night, the college boys are out in forces trying to impress "their lady" with their skating prowess -- NOT!!! :roll: :P However, around halfway thru the session the little ones are usually leaving the ice for dinner, homework, and beddy-bye. (My teen friends are pretty good skaters and very polite.) And of course, you get to see the purple Harlicks that TashaKat inspired me to get!!! :lol: Sadly, my primary coach teaches Tuesday early afternoons and does hair on Wednesdays.

There's also an Adults-Only Tuesday nights in San Jose Ice Center as well too, but I have plans on Tuesdays, so I won't be able to go. I also recommend going to publics on Tuesdays and Weds early afternoon (around lunchtime) at YB b/c it's usually quiet except for a few kids. If you're there on Tuesday early afternoon, you get to see the infamous "Michelle Kwan"... eh, Jay... putting his students thru the paces (like he did me this afternoon...so tired now!!!) :P

Bridgepointe in San Mateo is also another option too if you want REALLY quiet ice -- at most 4 people and sometimes you get the ice to yourself, but I hate skating alone anyway. :P

I don't remember what kind of skates you have, but if you have Harlicks or SP-Teris, the factories are in San Carlos and South San Francisco, respectively.

Pls. PM me with your plans and contact info so I can get a hold of you. I'll do the same when we get closer to your visit date too. :)

Cheers,
"Auntie Joanna" :lol: (aka jazzpants)

montanarose
03-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi "Auntie Joanna" --

Thanks for your swift and helpful reply. It sounds like I should definitely bring my skating "kit," as Annabel would say, as there are lots of skating opportunities in the area.

I'd love to skate with you on Wed. night (and see those infamous purple Harlicks) but we may end up leaving that night to head up the coast. And speaking of Harlick, I definitely plan to visit the factory for a fitting while I'm there.

I'll let you know as soon as I find out where we'll be staying in Palo Alto.

Cheers,
Ellen

P.S. I did try to PM you but you -- you naughty girl! -- have "exceeded [your] private message quota and cannot receive any more until [you] clear up some space."

jazzpants
03-25-2005, 04:55 PM
P.S. I did try to PM you but you -- you naughty girl! -- have "exceeded [your] private message quota and cannot receive any more until [you] clear up some space."I've just PM'ed you and have clear out some space. :mrgreen: :P

Cheers,
"Auntie Joanna" :P