View Full Version : Artistic Music for 7 year old

Oz_sk8ing_Mum
03-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi there,

I'm a Skate Mum in Sydney, Australia, :)

My daughter is looking for new Artistic music for this year. She is 7 been skating 2.5 years and skates in Free skate-1. I'm not sure how that equates in other countries but she is doing jumps like 1/2 flip, toe loop, salchow, spins - cross foot & one foot, spirals ect...... last year she did "Good Ship Lollipop". This year she's thinking she would like to do a "farm Song" but if anyone has music ideas :idea: they think would suit .. not to fast but cute (please no Disney Princess stuff..it WAY over done here!)

Thanks

starskate6.0
03-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Instrumental or vocal.. :?:

Oz_sk8ing_Mum
03-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Vocal Please :)

Mrs Redboots
03-25-2005, 06:25 AM
I don't know if you ever saw the cartoon version of "Charlotte's Web", but there are some great "farm" songs in it!

One of the babies at our rink (I think she may be only five) is doing a version of "Chick, chick, chick, chick, chicken....".....

icechick
03-25-2005, 11:56 AM
There is another Shirley Temple song referring to farm life...Don't know the title, but some of the lyrics are: "...I want an old straw hat, a pair of overalls and a worn-out pair of shoes." Shirley wears such garb in the movie in which she sings this song. Your daughter could dress similarly and, perhaps, wear some "worn-out" skates?!

snoopysnake
03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
A cute farm song is "Howdy Neighbor, Happy Harvest" which Judy Garland sang in the movie "Summer Stock."

luckeylasvegas
03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I like Spring Spring Spring from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
They have the sound track on Amazon , Or Michael Fienstein sing it on his MGM album.

Oz_sk8ing_Mum
03-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone.
I will go and see if I can fine some of these.

skatingmozzie
03-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi Leanne,
What was wrong with "Good Ship Lollipop"? that was cute!.Any way, she could do something from "Pippi Longstockings", Don't know if you've heard of it but you could borrow it and see.Or maybe something from "Peter Pan". Mum could give you the website for downloads.
See Ya
Sylvia :D

Oz_sk8ing_Mum
03-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks Sylvia, We loved Shirley as well but it's time to put her to bed!

Tori Loves "The Old Straw Hat" Song but it's not long enough :(
I did find a song last night on an album called "Woody's round Up" it's about Jessie the Cowgirl, on Amazon anyone know of a site where I can hear a whole song?

Ok I'm thinking I have run out of country songs...any other suitable 7 year old songs? I'm open to other suggestions

Thanks

Tennisany1
03-27-2005, 10:40 PM
I did find a song last night on an album called "Woody's round Up" it's about Jessie the Cowgirl, on Amazon anyone know of a site where I can hear a whole song?

Would that song be from "Toy Story II"? I seem to remember it but I don't have the video to check. You might search "Pixar" and see if they still have a site, or borrow or rent the video.

stojkopanda
03-28-2005, 07:36 PM
maybe something from babe or home on the range

snoopysnake
03-30-2005, 04:57 PM
How about "You're Looking at Country" by Loretta Lynn?