View Full Version : ouch! my feet are screaming help!

Kit kat
03-20-2005, 10:48 PM
what is the bump right above your arch called?
mine never seems to go away.
is it something serious ?

what is it?!!?!?!?!?

dbny
03-20-2005, 11:36 PM
It's usually the navicular bone, but not always. It gets enlarged in skaters because of the pushing motion against the inside of the boot during stroking. It's popularly called a pump bump. It shouldn't hurt, so there must be something wrong.

bladebabe69
03-21-2005, 03:01 PM
ok yea the bump on the inside of your foot might be a cyst at first they hurt and stuff but it is nothing too serious! so i wouldn't really worry about it....it its just a little pocket thing of blood and other fluids and alot of skaters get them from always having their skates on. They usually start out as bruises when i first noticed mine i noticed a bruise and didn't think much of it then it started to hurt, so i went to the doctors and he couldn't figure out what it was, so yea that is the only suggestion i have.... and if it hurts i would consider getting jell-socks i don't know you might have them already but if you don't you can purchase them at your skating store they usually sell for about 40$ i know that is alot for what it is but it really works.... i hope i helped

Kristin
03-22-2005, 04:57 PM
what is the bump right above your arch called?
mine never seems to go away.
is it something serious ?

what is it?!!?!?!?!?

When I had SP Teri's I had to have this area punched out a few times to make my feet more comfortable in the boots.

Also, if this is a painful lump that doesn't go away within a week of getting your boots punched, I would see a foot doctor. You don't want to be skating in pain for too long.