View Full Version : Surgery

bladebabe69
03-20-2005, 07:43 PM
hey everyone its me again and i need to get an opinion on something....ok i have 14 sists on my ankles between the both of them and the doctor said it was my choice whether i wanted to have them removed right now and i dont really kno whether i should because i just recently got back from being injured i fell on my face doing a spin but thts a different story maybe ill post it some other time!! anyways ya im kinda scared to leave again because i jus started gettin back into it! i would also have to take alot of time off of skating for it because they attatched themselves to the legiments and tissue in my ankle so they have to slice my ankles open and stuff so i was just wondering what you's would do about it because i kind of want to wait but i dont want them to get worse because they often hurt and i never had this problem until i got my new skates last summer. I also have really big bunions on the inside of my feet and i duno what do about them either so please message back

TashaKat
03-21-2005, 12:26 AM
What does your doctor recommend? They always give you a choice but has he said that it would be better to have them done now? Did he say what would happen if you left them?

If they hurt then I get them done. If they're going to have to be done at some time I would rather get them sorted out sooner than later.

Good luck and if you need to speak to you doctor again then do it, you need to have all of the facts to make an informed decision.

NickiT
03-21-2005, 02:32 AM
I tend to agree with TashaKat on this one. Better to get it sorted now than some time down the line. I appreciate you are just getting back into skating again after your fall, but at the end of the day you're going to have that big black cloud hovering over you of knowing you've got to get off the ice again for some time, at some point. Surely it would be best to get it over and done with, then start anew once you get back to skating afterwards.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Nicki

samba
03-22-2005, 12:38 AM
ugh ouch!! I personally would get rid asap, I'm surprised you can skate at all and I dread to think what they must look like, but then again my feet are no oil painting. :oops: