View Full Version : CoP question

Jennifer28
03-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone! I have some questions and curiosities and would love to start a discussion on this. :?: I read somewhere that the new CoP judging system will be used at Regionals for the kids - is that this year it will be used or in the fall of 2006?
Also when will the system be used across the board for everyone? Particularly adults? Will we see this new system at AN06?
Also I can't find a layman's list of elements and how much they are worth. There is information on the ISU web site but this system is complicated. For example how can I figure out how much points a camel-sit-back sit is worth in relation to a camel-layback spin?
If you guys know any of these questions please comment. Also if you have low-level examples (like adult examples; single jumps) and spin combo examples comment. Thank you al.

NaomiBeth1
03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Also when will the system be used across the board for everyone? Particularly adults? Will we see this new system at AN06?

I think I read somewhere that it may possibly be used for AN starting in 2007, but sooner for the kids track.

Elsy2
03-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I tried to copy the table of values, but it didn't work. Here is a link with lots of info.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-152055-169271-nav-list,00.html

jp1andOnly
03-16-2005, 09:41 PM
In Canada, we get COP next year for the adults :)

I tried to copy the table of values, but it didn't work. Here is a link with lots of info.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-152055-169271-nav-list,00.html

daisies
03-16-2005, 11:35 PM
I read somewhere that the new CoP judging system will be used at Regionals for the kids - is that this year it will be used or in the fall of 2006?
If passed at Governing Council in May, it will start this fall for the standard Junior and Senior levels only. That's all that's been decided so far. For it to be implemented at other levels, the well-balanced program requirements would have to be adjusted (Junior and Senior were already adjusted last year for the pending switch).

The charts with what elements are worth, etc., is available on the USFSA site.

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2005, 06:19 AM
Here in the UK, we have been told we are still using the "Relative 6.0" judging system for our Adult Championships this year, for definite. I don't know when or whether they will move us to the new judging system, nor am I sure which systems will be used for the Mountain Cup & Oberstdorf this year.