View Full Version : PACIFICS - Results page --->

TimDavidSkate
03-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Hell-o all. Anybody has any updates on Pacifics?

daisies
03-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi, I am in Tacoma as I type this :), and I can at least give you the results of my group, Champ. Masters Ladies:

1. Elizabeth Floriani
2. April Chiang
3. Amy Thompson
4. Brenda Tarkenton
5. Jodie Maier
6. Elizabeth McGlauflin
7. Julie Gidlow

That's me in last place - LOL! I am quite excited to report, however, that I didn't actually get any 7th place ordinals. That's how wacky the event was! Though I must say in my mind I definitely deserved last - I guess it can only get better from here, right? :)

I also have the results for Champ. Gold Men:

1. Nicholas Chou
2. Andy Schell
3. Rocky Ursino
4. Matt Leissring
5. Gary Klingbergs

Sorry I don't have any more results. Hopefully they will post them soon.

jazzpants
03-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi, I am in Tacoma as I type this :), and I can at least give you the results of my group, Champ. Masters Ladies:

1. Elizabeth Floriani
2. April Chiang
3. Amy Thompson
4. Brenda Tarkenton
5. Jodie Maier
6. Elizabeth McGlauflin
7. Julie Gidlow

That's me in last place - LOL! I am quite excited to report, however, that I didn't actually get any 7th place ordinals. That's how wacky the event was! Though I must say in my mind I definitely deserved last - I guess it can only get better from here, right? :)

I also have the results for Champ. Gold Men:

1. Nicholas Chou
2. Andy Schell
3. Rocky Ursino
4. Matt Leissring
5. Gary Klingbergs

Sorry I don't have any more results. Hopefully they will post them soon.Julie: I had no idea you were going to compete Championship Masters this year! (You usually compete Interpretative only in all the times I've seen you compete.) Can't wait to see the ordinals. But all in all, I'll bet you skated beautifully as I've seen you before!!! :D

I haven't see a couple of names up there besides yours. Are the young'ums who were competing as kids starting to move up to the Adult track? Hmmm?

YAAAAAY, APRIL!!! YAAAAY Bay Area ladies (for at least giving it a good shot!!!) YAAAAAY, NICK, ANDY... all those Gold Men!!! :P Please pass on my congrats to them (well, at least Nick and Gary... since I don't know if the rest would remember me by name!!! They know me by face.) :D

daisies
03-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks, jazzpants! Yeah, I decided to "diversify" this year and try my hand at FS again. Since I don't do any double jumps, I looked at it like it was a 3 1/2-minute Interp! LOL! But it was a lot of fun and I look forward to skating the program again at AN in my open event.

There was only one "young'n" who had just turned 25 -- Amy Thompson. She is a beautiful skater and had competed in Young Adult at sectionals last year. Liz Floriani, who is from my club, did Masters Senior at AN last year. Everyone else in the group has been in the adult scene for a while (though Brenda hadn't competed in a while). Congrats to all!

Oh, I remembered some more results. I can't fathom what's taking USFSA so long to post them, but here ya go:

Champ. Adult Gold Ladies:

1. Resa Lee
2. Maggie Harding
3. Paula Smart
4. Kelly Lawrence
5. Ninotchka (can't remember last name)
6. Judi Madey
7. Patty Poddig
8. Patti McNamara

Champ. Masters Men:

1. Boise Ding
2. Ted Gradman

Congrats to all!

icedancer2
03-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the posting! Any dance results?

What's up with the US Figure Skating on this? Do they have something better to do? (like World Championships?) or something?

Congratulations to all of the competitors!

daisies
03-14-2005, 01:20 PM
The only thing I remember from Champ. Dance was that Keith/Ricigliano were 2nd going into the FD but that they won the FD and thus won the event. Sorry I am not more help on that!

Mrs Redboots
03-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Julie I bet you skated really great - the times I've seen you skate, you were totally awesome! I do wish I'd seen that competition.....

If anybody skates with Liz McG, give her our love!

jazzpants
03-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Looks like my skating club did well in the Champ Adult Gold Ladies!!! Good to see Boise Ding back in action! :mrgreen:

Congrats to everyone! Good luck at Nationals!!! :D

PattyP
03-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Looks like my skating club did well in the Champ Adult Gold Ladies!!! Congrats to everyone! Good luck at Nationals!!! :D

Yeah, they kicked my butt! Resa and Maggie skated very well.

I got home very late last night and I'm still recovering. What a great experience I had. I have to admit that I was terrified going into this competition. Watching everyone in practice, all I could think was that I had no business being in Gold. On Friday night was the Gold II event. I skated very well for myself, I even landed my first axel clean! The double and the 2nd axel didn't go, but everything else did. I was very happy with the way that I skated. I ended up 3rd out of 4. Ch. Gold qualifying on Saturday did not go as well. I was really nervous for this event, and as you saw from Julie's post I was 7th. I still had fun and was not unhappy with how I skated.

My placings didn't matter. Everyone was so supportive of me and the fact that I moved up. There were many people told me I did the right thing and that I belonged at that level, including the ones that I was competing against. They all made me feel very welcome and part of them. I can't tell you how good this made me feel. I no longer have regrets about moving up, just motivated to work harder.

To those who post/read this site, thank you for your support! You know who you are ;) (doubletoe, Jazzpants would be proud of your ice blessing!)

I can't wait to go to Kansas City! :D

PattyP

mikawendy
03-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey, daisies, how was the Duran Duran concert before the competition? ;)

manleywoman
03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Daisies, glad to see you're trying your hand at freestyle again!! Will you be doing an open event?

Patty P: congrats!

bostonsk8r
03-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi
I'm trying to find the results for the adult Silver Ladies I events at either Midwesterns or Pacifics if anyone comes across the results posting of those events also. Thank you!

NoVa Sk8r
03-15-2005, 05:12 AM
The Midwestern results are posted here:
http://www.sk8stuffmore.com/comps/05/r05adumids.pdf

Specifically,
Adult Silver Ladies Class I Free Skating - Final Standings
1 Kelli Mobeck, Summit FSC
2 Kristin Gulley, Utah FSC
3 Lisa Emery, Denver FSC
4 Jenniffer Fortner, Individual Member
5 Victoria Trafka, Centennial SC

As for Pacific results, they are still trying to be tracked down, according to the USFS Director of Online Services.

jazzpants
03-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, they kicked my butt! Resa and Maggie skated very well. Kelly too! (Well, not the butt-kicking part, but just that she's in our skating club too.) :) But I'm happy for those women!!! :)

I no longer have regrets about moving up, just motivated to work harder. As you should. You DO belong at Gold! :)

To those who post/read this site, thank you for your support! You know who you are ;) (doubletoe, Jazzpants would be proud of your ice blessing!)Yes, thank you, doubletoe!!! Looks like my blessing water works! ;)

I can't wait to go to Kansas City! :DDon't forget the BBQ!!! :yum: :twisted:

daisies... I read the other board! Can't believe you met John Taylor and he himself wished you good luck!!! 8O :bow:

daisies
03-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Daisies, glad to see you're trying your hand at freestyle again!! Will you be doing an open event?
Thanks manleywoman! Yes, I will be doing Masters Junior II at AN. I look forward to seeing you in KC! Hey, how are those figures coming along?

Hey, daisies, how was the Duran Duran concert before the competition? ;)
Awesome, as usual! LOL! As jazzpants pointed out, yes, I talked to the guys before the show, and John Taylor did indeed wish me good luck. (Lotta good it did me! Ha!!!) Here's a link to one of the pics I took with them, at the taping of Northwest Afternoon on KOMO-TV in Seattle (I'm in the center, up on the same step as Simon Le Bon):

http://komonews.com/star/duran/GroupDD6.jpg

And on this page is a pic of me talking with Simon (2nd pic down). It looks like he's giving me directions! LOL!!! But he's actually signing a poster. :)

http://www.star1015.com/x3902.xml?ParentPageID=x2501&ContentID=x8328&Layout=KPLZ.xsl&AdGroupID=x2389&NewsSection=

So you can see why I had such a BLAST on my trip to the state of Washington! :)

manleywoman
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks manleywoman! Yes, I will be doing Masters Junior II at AN. I look forward to seeing you in KC! Hey, how are those figures coming along?

I'll be Masters Junior I, so at least we can watch each other skate! You'll be against my good buddy Kim.

The 3rd test is coming slllooowwwwlllyyyy. Overall I lay it out pretty well, but still too many small mistakes to be passing at this point (i hate the double threes...that blind turn going into the 2nd 3-turn is hell!)

mr7740
03-16-2005, 01:19 PM
The 3rd test is coming slllooowwwwlllyyyy. Overall I lay it out pretty well, but still too many small mistakes to be passing at this point (i hate the double threes...that blind turn going into the 2nd 3-turn is hell!)

I am really impressed you still do figures. Is there actually a rink somewhere that provides ice to do so? I was on my 7th when I had to stop because of lack of ice time and lack of my own time, but I love doing figures...

doubletoe
03-16-2005, 03:04 PM
My placings didn't matter. Everyone was so supportive of me and the fact that I moved up. There were many people told me I did the right thing and that I belonged at that level, including the ones that I was competing against. They all made me feel very welcome and part of them. I can't tell you how good this made me feel. I no longer have regrets about moving up, just motivated to work harder.

To those who post/read this site, thank you for your support! You know who you are ;) (doubletoe, Jazzpants would be proud of your ice blessing!)

PattyP

Patty, having skated against you last year at Sectionals and watched you this year at Sectionals, I can tell you you definitely belong at Gold! I remember standing there watching you skate in Masters Gold and pointing out to someone how your sit-change sit is so solid, consistent and fast. Even the good ones in Silver weren't at that level! Being a Gold level skater is not--as some people assume--all about the jumps. Watching you this weekend is what convinced me that I'm not ready to move up yet! 8O

doubletoe
03-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Here are the ones I remember. I'll add in the missing names later if I can find them.

Ladies Silver I
1. Michelle Lotz
2. Lily Gwyer-Miller
3. Petra (formerly Herguth, forgot new last name)
5. Sheridan Sotelo (? not sure about last name)

Ladies Silver II
1. Patti McNeill
2. Elizabeth Risberg
3. Lauren Day
4. Starla Hobach
8. Chris Wilson
10. Sonja Rasmussen

coskater64
03-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Patty
I skated againist you oooohhh so long ago in silver ladies II in 02'. Did you do gold ladies II last year? I don't think you were in my group were you in A or B.
I do recall a Patty....

coskater64

PattyP
03-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Patty
I skated againist you oooohhh so long ago in silver ladies II in 02'. Did you do gold ladies II last year? I don't think you were in my group were you in A or B.
I do recall a Patty....

coskater64

Wasn't me in Gold II. I competed Silver II at AN last year. This is my first year at Gold. I skated Silver II from '00 through '04, so yes that was me in Silver II in '02! That was the year I fell on my butt in final round and my coach wanted to kill me and all I could do is laugh!

PattyP
03-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Patty, having skated against you last year at Sectionals and watched you this year at Sectionals, I can tell you you definitely belong at Gold! I remember standing there watching you skate in Masters Gold and pointing out to someone how your sit-change sit is so solid, consistent and fast. Even the good ones in Silver weren't at that level! Being a Gold level skater is not--as some people assume--all about the jumps. Watching you this weekend is what convinced me that I'm not ready to move up yet! 8O

Thanks doubletoe! You are too kind! If we could combine your jumps and my spins, maybe we could qualify for Ch. Gold next year! ;)

manleywoman
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I am really impressed you still do figures. Is there actually a rink somewhere that provides ice to do so? I was on my 7th when I had to stop because of lack of ice time and lack of my own time, but I love doing figures...

There is one here in Chicago that does offer official patch time from 5:00 to 6:00 am, but I actually do it at another rink around that time because the maintenance guy is always there that early at the latter rink, so I can come whenever I want. The first rink I have to plan ahead with the maintenance guy, and I found that weather or my workload I can't always be assured what mornings I'll be there. Since the management of the rink where I do end up patching thinks it's cool that I do it, they don't mind if I come in an hour before the kids do. They figure that if I'm dedicated enough to get up that early, they ought not to mind! It's not as though I'm tearing the ice up. Plus the kids get really interested in it because by the time they show up I've got a few layouts going, and that helps the coaches out too when applying that knowledge to Moves.

The bad thing about it is the time. Soooo early. But the good thing is I get the ice all to myself!

doubletoe
03-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks doubletoe! You are too kind! If we could combine your jumps and my spins, maybe we could qualify for Ch. Gold next year! ;)

Hey, there's a thought. Based on our skates last week, we should each be able to contribute one clean axel per program, so we ought to look pretty good, LOL!

daisies
03-16-2005, 08:15 PM
My rink still offers patch too. It's from 7:45-8:30am, Monday-Saturday. I thought they might get rid of the session after I finished my test, but it's still being offered. They get a couple of people here and there on the session, and the patchers take up 1/3 of the ice. The rest is FS with no music. So it works out for everyone.

SkateGuard
03-16-2005, 08:31 PM
There is one here in Chicago that does offer official patch time from 5:00 to 6:00 am, but I actually do it at another rink around that time because the maintenance guy is always there that early at the latter rink, so I can come whenever I want.

The bad thing about it is the time. Soooo early. But the good thing is I get the ice all to myself!

Gosh, if you go a bit north of the city (think Lake Forest), there's a patch _class_ at 5:30 am on Saturdays. We get the entire ice to ourselves, and the instructor passed her 8th figure--and she did them all on the first try! (I can't praise her enough!) We then continue with a moves/power class. We have everything from beginners to Gold. It's so much fun! :D

manleywoman
03-16-2005, 08:35 PM
I've heard about that class, but that's really far for me (I live in the city) and I have a lesson every Saturday at my regular rink after patch. So I just work on my figure test on Saturday mornings with my lonesome self!

Some coaches are trying to do a daily patch class this summer at my rink from 6:00 to 6:45 Mon-Fri! I hope it works, 'cause I'd be there every day!

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2005, 06:16 AM
I've heard about that class, but that's really far for me (I live in the city) and I have a lesson every Saturday at my regular rink after patch. So I just work on my figure test on Saturday mornings with my lonesome self!Are you going to compete in figures at the Mountain Cup - this is the only competition (I may be wrong) that still offers figures classes.... one of these years I might actually be able to do a serpentine, in which case I'll enter for the baby class!

Figureskates
03-17-2005, 07:37 AM
I am the only person who does figures at my rink and the only time I have the rink to myself is on weekday mornings when the kids are in school.

Funny how the one thing I have taken to, figures, is going the way of the dinosaur. Turning 59 next Tuesday and with the arthritis in my lower back and developing in my left knee, my jumping days are rapidly coming to an end!!

manleywoman
03-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm not doing Mountain Cup, but I did send in my Oberstdorf application today! (still not sure I'm going due to $$, but I wanted to get the appplication in so I didn't miss the deadline)

coskater64
03-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Yes, I am practicing those outside change serps, the outside loops and the forward inside double 3's. My loops are very smooth they are just a little squishy. I do them 1 or 2 x a week on publics when they are quiet. I will do them at the M cup, looking @ last but good for everything else.

la

Mrs Redboots
03-18-2005, 08:26 AM
I will do them at the M cup, looking @ last but good for everything else.From what I've seen of the competition at the MC, it's very good-natured and friendly, and all those who participate have a good time.

coskater64
03-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it doesn't matter how I finish it's just that I tried, the same for pre-silver dance. So long as I don't break any bones... I'm happy

la

Mrs Redboots
03-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Yeah, it doesn't matter how I finish it's just that I tried, the same for pre-silver dance. So long as I don't break any bones... I'm happy

laWhat are the dances at pre-Silver this year? Not aspiring to such heights, I haven't taken in what the requirements were!

coskater64
03-19-2005, 09:09 AM
I want to say it is the 14 and either the foxtrot or the tenfox, I get them mixed up. Anyway all dances that I like. It will be my first time at pre-silver so I will be happy to just stay close to time.

la :D

jazzpants
03-22-2005, 04:22 PM
The top level results are finally up...

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=25778

(Hey! Since when did Maggie become an Individual member? Hmmm?)

mr7740
03-23-2005, 10:30 AM
There is one here in Chicago that does offer official patch time from 5:00 to 6:00 am, but I actually do it at another rink around that time because the maintenance guy is always there that early at the latter rink, so I can come whenever I want. The first rink I have to plan ahead with the maintenance guy, and I found that weather or my workload I can't always be assured what mornings I'll be there. Since the management of the rink where I do end up patching thinks it's cool that I do it, they don't mind if I come in an hour before the kids do. They figure that if I'm dedicated enough to get up that early, they ought not to mind! It's not as though I'm tearing the ice up. Plus the kids get really interested in it because by the time they show up I've got a few layouts going, and that helps the coaches out too when applying that knowledge to Moves.

Which rink is it in Chicago that has the session? Where do you skate? I skate in Chicago, but I only skate one session at one rink and am not familiar with the other rinks in the area.

manleywoman
03-23-2005, 11:35 AM
The rink with the official patch ice 6 days a week is Oakton Ice Arena in Park Ridge. It's Mon-Fri 5:00-6:00am, and Saturday 6:00-6:45 am. In the summer they have Friday Patch class around 9:00am, which attempts to show the kids how Figures help Moves. I have a weekly lesson at Oakton during the 8:30-9:30 open freestyle, because there are only ever two kids on it, as the rest are in school.

I normally practice my figures on my non-lesson days at Northbrook, because I can come in pretty much any day before 6:00 am and the maintenace guy is there to open the doors, whereas at Oakton I have to coordinate with te maintenance guy (which he's happy to do, he's quite nice! I just can't always plan it so definitely due to weather and schedule). Some of the Northbrook coaches are also trying to get a 6:00 am patch class together for the summer and make it mandatory for the serious summer students! I hope they do it because then I can sleep in another 45 minutes!

SkateGuard
03-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Which rink is it in Chicago that has the session? Where do you skate? I skate in Chicago, but I only skate one session at one rink and am not familiar with the other rinks in the area.

If you are north of the city, Glacier Ice Arena in Vernon Hills (think Hawthorn Mall) has a patch/moves class at 5:30 am. During the summer, it's usually on Tuesday nights, but we never know for sure.

The Sat. am class is adults only and a lot of fun. The instructor passed everything from her 3rd to her 8th on the first try--back when figures were 60% of the score. She's also one of the top adult coaches in the area.

Actually, Glacier has a nice cadre of adults who skate 6-7am seven days a week. It's a great group, and on Sundays (which is actually 5:50-6:50am), there's five to seven adults......and no kids!

If you want more info, e-mail me privately.