View Full Version : skate wear ?

Chico
03-09-2005, 09:05 PM
I have a few questions and I'm hoping you guys will know. I found a skirt I like in the Rainbo sports catalog. And, this is a biggie for me. =-) What are the sizes like for Capezio and Mondor? Small, true, big? How do both of the manufactors run in the bloomers department? What is sueded tactel? Any other info. is cool too. Oh, I'm almost 5'3 on a good day. =-) I weigh between 102 and 105 lbs. Thanks!!

Chico

dbny
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Capezios are small. Capezio size Large is really size Tall. I think a Capezio Small would fit you. Mondor is closer to true.

Debbie S
03-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I think a Capezio Small would fit you.

Well, I'm 5'0" (on a good day) and about 98-100 lbs and I wear a Medium in Capezio. I believe sueded tactel is the material in their leggings, right? It's soft and feels like cotton, but it stretches (I guess it must have spandex in it). It's a sturdy fabric - my leggings have lasted 3 years or so.

I have found that Capezio and GK tend to run a bit small - I wear Adult Medium in most of their things that I've tried. I've tried Jerry's skirts, and they are true to size - I'm an Adult Small.

dbny
03-09-2005, 10:45 PM
My daughter is 5'4", weighs about 110 and wears a Capezio Medium, so maybe it also has something to do with how your weight is distributed.

flippet
03-10-2005, 01:11 PM
My daughter is 5'4", weighs about 110 and wears a Capezio Medium, so maybe it also has something to do with how your weight is distributed.

I would agree--when I skated regularly, I was about 130lbs, and 5'1", and I wore the medium size tights. I'm not sure about sueded tactel, but I know their tights are microfiber--really comfy and warm. Oh, and right out of the package, the tights look like they wouldnt fit a 6-year-old, let alone an adult, but they do stretch to be a really great fit. (I like the Capezio tights so much, that I'll never buy Mondor tights again...what a cruddy fit!) I couldn't say for sure on the skirts--I've only got one, and I can't remember the brand...but it was the 'generic' bloomer-ed skirt that Rainbo sells, so it might be Mondor. I think that was a medium, too.

nerd_on_ice
03-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Capezio tights are small, from my experience. I have their dance tights, not skating tights, so the names of the sizes are apparently different: I wear "Adult Extra Long." I am roughly 5'8" and 130 lbs. They do fit well, though, and the ones I have (Hold & Stretch) last forever.

I want to say Tactel and microfiber the same thing, but I could well be making that up.

Chico
03-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks, I knew you would know! I do wear an adult small for tights but maybe I should go to the medium for a skirt. I'm thin but do have curves, having two babies helped in this department. I wondered about the fabric....I like what I'm hearing. I have leggings in this fabric and like it fine.

Chico