View Full Version : Pairs Group at the Ice House Adult Training Camp

FrankR
03-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Hello all,

I have had several adult skaters approach me regarding the feasibility of a pairs group at the Adult Training Camp held at the Ice House in Hackensack at the end of June. The first year that the camp was held a pairs program was offered. However, it had been discontinued because the camp organizers felt that there was insufficient interest to justify scheduling ice time and arranging for instructors. Now that I have heard of renewed interest in having a pairs group at camp I have spoken with Craig Maurizi, director of the skating school at the Ice House. He would like to gauge how many people would be interested in a pairs program at the adult camp. If any of you have an interest in participating in pairs instruction at the upcoming Adult Training Camp at the Ice House please respond to this thread. I will share all feedback with Craig and update you all with any associated information regarding the camp.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
03-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Count me in.

Thanx for your lobbying efforts, Frank!

(And as you related to me, the pairs part would be run in a similar fashion as last year's dance group, right?)

FrankR
03-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Count me in.

Thanx for your lobbying efforts, Frank!

(And as you related to me, the pairs part would be run in a similar fashion as last year's dance group, right?)

Hi Stephen,

At this point I don't know all the details. I am assuming that would be the format if the group remained relatively small (10 skaters or less). However, if the group gets large then an alternative format may be pursued. I think that will be decided once we have some idea of how large the group is.

No problem about the lobbying! I've gotta do something else for this camp besides working the registration table! ;)

Take care,

Frank

Terri C
03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Frank,
While I will not be doing pairs ( geez who could lift me???) are there dates and coaches set yet?

Terri

icecatepairs
03-10-2005, 01:20 AM
Frank,
I haven't officially checked with my partner yet, but since i am one of the ones who nagged you about it i'd say put us on the list. need camp dates to be sure he is not out of country or whatever on business, but other than that sounds great. you have such a strong pairs staff there...thanks for going to bat for us...
T :bow:

LoopLoop
03-10-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm in too, Frank! And I'll check with a team I know who are not on this forum, and let you know about them.

flo
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Starskate6 - something we should try........ ;)

LoopLoop
03-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I found two more teams who would be interested in coming. So that's four teams so far.

Would John Z and Artur be the coaches? (please please please :halo: )

NoVa Sk8r
03-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Would John Z and Artur be the coaches? (please please please :halo: )Oh, Lordie Lordie, Loops: Let's keep the drooling to a minimum this year. Or at least remind me to bring a bib! :P

LoopLoop
03-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Let's take a vote: Anyone out there, would you drool if you did pair elements with John Zimmerman or Artur Dmitriev?

And Nova, remember that I got over the ga-ga factor in a matter of minutes last year. ;)

NoVa Sk8r
03-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Let's take a vote: Anyone out there, would you drool if you did pair elements with John Zimmerman or Artur Dmitriev?

And Nova, remember that I got over the ga-ga factor in a matter of minutes last year. ;)I wasn't denying you any "drool moments"; just the length and severity of it. :P
(And I will never forget the look on your face while you did a death spiral with J-Z!)

skaternum
03-10-2005, 02:02 PM
<raises hand> I'd be slobbering like a dawg! That is one beautiful man!

jazzpants
03-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Hell, I'd go if I had the money and John Z was there (and I'm a single skater!!!) :twisted: :P :lol:

FrankR
03-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Frank,
While I will not be doing pairs ( geez who could lift me???) are there dates and coaches set yet?

Hello Terri et al,

I do not have specific information regarding dates and participating coaches yet. I have e-mailed Craig asking for the dates. As soon as I have them I will share them and any other relevant information.

Thanks for all the replies! :D

Frank

FrankR
03-10-2005, 03:59 PM
I found two more teams who would be interested in coming. So that's four teams so far.

Would John Z and Artur be the coaches? (please please please :halo: )

Hey Marna,

Thanks! I'll pass the info along to Craig. Obviously, the more the merrier. However, a group of eight skaters so far is excellent. As for who the coaches would be, I don't have that information yet so I can't confirm or deny your guess. :P I promise once I know, you'll know. Scout's honor. :D

Take care,

Frank

FrankR
03-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Hello all,

I just received word from Craig. The camp is going to take place June 24th through June 26th. Confirmed participating coaches and skaters include Robin Wagner, Oksana Baiul and Artur Dmitriev so far.

Side-note:
I'm doing the happy dance in front of my computer right now. :mrgreen:

Take care,

Frank

LoopLoop
03-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks, Frank! Can I do the happy dance with you? ;)

mskater
03-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Whoa! Oksana is coaching?! That just sweetened the deal for me;]

NoVa Sk8r
03-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Whoa! Oksana is coaching?! That just sweetened the deal for me;]Oh, great, here comes another drool-fest! :P

LoopLoop
03-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Hey, Frank, I just found another pair team that would be interested, so it's up to 5 teams now!

FrankR
03-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey, Frank, I just found another pair team that would be interested, so it's up to 5 teams now!

Hey Marna,

Thanks! I'll let Craig know as soon as I can. I'm not sure if he's here this week. He works with Roman Serov so he might be at Worlds with him. I'll keep everyone posted here regarding the status of the camp and the pairs group. :)

Take care,

Frank

NoVa Sk8r
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey, Frank, I just found another pair team that would be interested, so it's up to 5 teams now!Actually, I'm not so sure I can go. But 4 teams is still a good start, right?

FrankR
03-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Actually, I'm not so sure I can go. But 4 teams is still a good start, right?

Hey Stephen,

I'm so sorry to hear that you may not be able to come to the camp. In addition to the teams that have voiced an interest through this message board, I also know of one other team that might be interested so that would still be five. In addition, I've also asked Craig if skaters that are interested in pairs but may not have a partner available to attend the camp can still attend and participate in the pairs group. I haven't heard back from Craig yet but I'm cautiously optimistic. ;)

Take care,

Frank

starskate6.0
03-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Starskate6 - something we should try........ ;)
:?? Iv thought about it many times honey, but " Time" is the big issue. Im going to Nationals, then Oberstdorf, Then my own rinks Adult camp, 8O
I just got back from Australia and I may be going to China before the end of the year on Buisness. Im not skating today because iv got to catch up on life, bills etc, etc. ( Blah, Blah, Blah.) I can't spin worth a cracker anyway.

But.... I have been thinking about it. " Its all a matter of time. "
Skate well , Ill see you an Nationals, What events are you inn ?

" How would you lift me anyway. " :lol:

flo
03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
:?? Iv thought about it many times honey, but " Time" is the big issue. Im going to Nationals, then Oberstdorf, Then my own rinks Adult camp, 8O
I just got back from Australia and I may be going to China before the end of the year on Buisness. Im not skating today because iv got to catch up on life, bills etc, etc. ( Blah, Blah, Blah.) I can't spin worth a cracker anyway.

But.... I have been thinking about it. " Its all a matter of time. "
Skate well , Ill see you an Nationals, What events are you inn ?

" How would you lift me anyway. " :lol:
I've seen you spin, it's better than a cracker!!
Time is a major difficulty, But actually, because of your abilities and my pair experience, it would take less time than you think! I was interested as I'm going to Oberstdorf, and as there's no interpretive, I wanted to go for two events. I'll be in silver II at Nationals, and hopefully In France and Germany.
Also it would be a good excuse to skate up at your rink!

I have to do the home stuff tonight. Grrrr.

starskate6.0
03-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Flo , you and I on the ice together :?? 8O ( Danger Will Robinson Danger) :lol:
Flo , Im a threat to every one who comes near me on the ice when I practice. On the practical side I also have a show to do in late April and this would be tough. If your thinking of pairs in Oberstdorf I think the applications close the end of this month..( I might be wrong about that)
Iv already got my application excepted and a place to stay so Im all set .

Would you have to skate up to me at gold or me skate down to you at silver :?: Im realy not that strong about the lifting part.

I promise Ill give it some thought, Why don't you PM me and well talk about it off the forum so we don't scare the whole adult skating world. :lol:

LoopLoop
03-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I just heard that this is a GO! Artur Dmitriev will be in charge of the pairs group, to be assisted by John Zimmerman. For part of the time (when dealing with stroking, etc.) the pairs group will be combined with the dance group, which will be led by Peter Tchernyshev.

NoVa Sk8r
03-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I just heard that this is a GO! Artur Dmitriev will be in charge of the pairs group, to be assisted by John Zimmerman. For part of the time (when dealing with stroking, etc.) the pairs group will be combined with the dance group, which will be led by Peter Tchernyshev.Have you found a partner to skate with at the camp?