View Full Version : 2nd Annual IceWorks Adult Clinic

phillyskater
03-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey all. Just an FYI that applications are now being accepted for the 2nd Annual Adult Workshop to be held Satuday, May 7th at IceWorks (Aston, PA). Deadline is April 25. The all-day clinic is open to adults of all ability levels and will again feature Liz Manley, Don Jackson, Uschi Kezsler, national and international competitors and a bunch of great local coaches. Those of us who went last year really enjoyed the experience.

Information is available at http://www.iceworks.net/figure_clinics.shtml#adult Anyone who competed in the 2004 Halloween Classic will get a discounted registration fee.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Hope to see some of you there!

philly

Skate@Delaware
03-07-2005, 07:44 PM
My husband and I are planning on attending. They said adults of all levels and we are taking them seriously! Really, my husband wants to focus on the edge work and off ice, I just want all around stuff.

phillyskater
03-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Great! I hope to see you (and meet you) there. If you (or anyone else who is thinking about attending) have any specific suggestions for the clinic, let me know and I'd be happy to pass them along to the director. Same thing if anyone who went last year has any ideas or suggestions. I'm sure she'd welcome the input.

And it really is open to all levels. Last year, there were No Test skaters all the way up through a former Gold Ladies national champion (and those of us who fall somewhere in between 8-) ).

mikawendy
03-08-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm signed up, too--I'll see you there! 8-)

skateflo
03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I think it is great that they are having another adult workshop. Each time I see a listing in some part of the country and then hear the feedback, I often wonder why no one is offering the Plie Power Workshop that Ice Theatre of New York made popular many years ago. I still like to look at a home video someone made (that I have in my collection) that was done in ?Squaw Valley (the summer one with a canvas roof over the ice sheet - Judy Blumberg was one of the instructors.) Anyway, the edge work required for this workshop, goes from very simple to more complex, would be wonderful and fun for adults and allow various skill levels to participate as far as they can. I know ITNY does have instructors that can be hired to go to rinks to do this workshop.....

Just thought I would throw this thought your way.......

phillyskater
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
I think it is great that they are having another adult workshop. Each time I see a listing in some part of the country and then hear the feedback, I often wonder why no one is offering the Plie Power Workshop that Ice Theatre of New York made popular many years ago. I still like to look at a home video someone made (that I have in my collection) that was done in ?Squaw Valley (the summer one with a canvas roof over the ice sheet - Judy Blumberg was one of the instructors.) Anyway, the edge work required for this workshop, goes from very simple to more complex, would be wonderful and fun for adults and allow various skill levels to participate as far as they can. I know ITNY does have instructors that can be hired to go to rinks to do this workshop.....

Just thought I would throw this thought your way.......

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass that along to the director of figure skating. Sounds like something that skaters of all ages could enjoy!

Skate@Delaware
03-10-2005, 05:14 AM
And I just want to say that neither of us are great skaters-we are 'skill building.' He is about an Adult 2 and I just passed Adult 4 (USFSA track) (but have been trying some jumps with not much success-damned gravity!).

Skate@Delaware
03-10-2005, 05:28 AM
And I just want to say that neither of us are great skaters-we are 'skill building.' He is about an Adult 2 and I just passed Adult 4 (USFSA track) (but have been trying some full revolution jumps with not much success-damned gravity!).

mikawendy
03-14-2005, 09:29 PM
For those of you who are signed up to go to this seminar--did you register on-line, and if so, have you heard anything from the organizers? I signed up on-line, received an e-receipt, then received an e-mail from them saying they had gotten my credit card info but couldn't tell which seminar I had signed up for. I replied to that e-mail and haven't heard from them since...

renatele
03-15-2005, 08:51 PM
I got an e-mail from them that they got the cc info, but everything else was missing, and they will not process registration until I get back to them. After I e-mailed my info, I haven't heard from them again, but saw that my cc was charged, so I assume I should be signed-up.

I'm tempted to give the person who e-mailed me a call, though.