View Full Version : May Day Open, MD May 13-15

RNsk8r
03-06-2005, 08:04 PM
The May Day open, hosted by Gardens FSC, Laurel Md is coming up. The applications are due March 13 I think. Applications are available online.
http://www.members.tripod.com/gardensfsc/id125.htm

I have skated in this event for 3 or 4 years, it tends to be a fairly well run event, and there are usually a good number of adults that compete. I know Sk8pics and LoopLoop have skated in the event in the past. I hope to see some of you there. I will be skating in at least Adult Artistic, no technical program this year since I've been off ice for injury.

NoVa Sk8r
03-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I keep entering this comp, but no other guys sign up. Arghhh.
(Loops skated awesomely in this comp last year!)

Anyway, I'll be there coaching my Special Olympics skaters.

sk8pics
03-07-2005, 05:58 AM
I will never do this event again after my experience last year. It seemed to me that the adults were only an afterthought. They scheduled around 40 minutes of Ice Theater competition and then the adults with no ice cut in between. Of course, they did do an unscheduled ice cut after the adult events finished, before the Intermediate Ladies. The ice was truly pathetic. My coach couldn't believe it either. Then they lost our results for an hour! :frus:

And then there was the fun way the door to the locker room opened right out into the rink. 8O

Nope, never again.

LoopLoop
03-07-2005, 07:31 AM
The adult events *were* a mess last year, but it's never been that way other years. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to enter or not this time.

Debbie S
03-07-2005, 11:06 AM
The Chesapeake Open (6/16-6/19) app is now available, too. Entry deadline is May 7. They moved it up a week this year for whatever reason, and it no longer conflicts with the Hackensack camp.

http://www.baltofsc.org/images/PDF/2005ChesapeakeOpenApplication.pdf

May Day is tempting, but I think I'll pass (but I'll go and cheer others on!). I have hope (however slim) that I might be ready to test Bronze MIF at a test session the week after May Day, so I'd like to put my focus into that rather than preparing for a comp.

Sk8pics's description of the locker room situation sounds the same as that at the Halloween Classic - I sure hope that gets fixed for next year's HC!