View Full Version : Back from competition

tidesong
03-05-2005, 08:21 AM
I just came back from singapore nationals with a second in the adult open category.... but there were only two of us.
Anyways I splatted on my axel attempts and salchowed my double sal and underotated and two footed my double loop, but landed my lutz-loop (wonder if the second loop was considered underrotated too lol really bad day for me) and didnt fall over on my combination spin (which i have done at every single nationals before this one) so well it was ok, but it was much funner watching the rest compete after. The good thing was that I skated first in the whole event so I got to watch everybody else happily.

NickiT
03-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Congrats for having the courage to get out there and compete! Sorry you didn't have such a great skate. I know it's very disappointing when you go out there after months of hard work, only to miss stuff you normally do well, but it happens.

Nicki

samba
03-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh you poor thing, but I think we can all relate to it **** happens, I also like to go first, like yourself you can then relax and watch the rest skate whereas if I dont go first, I can't watch whoever I'm competing against in case it intimidates me.

Congrats on your courage.

Mrs Redboots
03-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Congratulations, Tidesong! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wonder how my friends did - is there a website with the results anywhere?

falling_rain
03-06-2005, 05:07 AM
I just came back from singapore nationals with a second in the adult open category.... but there were only two of us.
Anyways I splatted on my axel attempts and salchowed my double sal and underotated and two footed my double loop, but landed my lutz-loop (wonder if the second loop was considered underrotated too lol really bad day for me) and didnt fall over on my combination spin (which i have done at every single nationals before this one) so well it was ok, but it was much funner watching the rest compete after. The good thing was that I skated first in the whole event so I got to watch everybody else happily.

you're isabelle, right? :P hehe. i'll let you guess who i am till i see you next at the rink. :P clues: i skated at nats too! AND i skated with you after the rink was 'closed' on sunday afternoon. oh oh and you introduced me to rinkside.org lol.

tidesong
03-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Congratulations, Tidesong! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wonder how my friends did - is there a website with the results anywhere?

One of them withdrew due to back pain :( But the other landed his axel and double sal ( I think... lol I was still a little dazed after my program so I may not have recalled what he did acurately) The results should be at http://www.sisa.org.sg when they have time to enter it in and put it online.

falling_rain: Hey! lol I know who you are ;) The Japanese judge brought videos of the recent european championships for us to watch during the dinner... it was such a treat!

And to everyone else thanks for the support! I felt alot better after the skate today that my friend mentioned. The rink was booked until a certain time but the competition finished earlier than expected, so we had a good time skating in a nearly empty rink. (coz most everyone else went home to rest after the competition so just a few of us stayed behind) And I landed loads of axels too hehe.

Mrs Redboots
03-07-2005, 05:01 AM
One of them withdrew due to back pain :( But the other landed his axel and double sal ( I think... lol I was still a little dazed after my program so I may not have recalled what he did acurately) The results should be at http://www.sisa.org.sg when they have time to enter it in and put it online.I'll have a look, thanks - and will e-mail my friend and sympathise about her back! Been there, done that, and am wearing the T-shirt at this moment.....