View Full Version : I'm back! and it hurts soo good!

fall_in_love
02-28-2005, 08:16 PM
So, I started skating when I was around 3rd grade..8 or 9. and now I'm 15...but I quit around when I was 12/13. so I had 5-6 years of skating. I decided to go back..at the beginning of this year..I just missed it so much. watching all the competitions on tv. Kinda restarted the fire that I had when I was 10. and I just had to get back..Soo my dad bought me new figureskates. Reidells. muah. I love them oh so much. and yesterday was my first time on them. wowww..they felt amazing. I was able to use my old blades from right before I quit. becuase. amazingly they fit on the blade. it was a blessing because I'm sure you allll know the cost of figureskates. :roll:
I warmed up with stroking around..and low and behold. I still have all of my jumps. after 2 years. I didn't try my axel or doubles though..just wait till next time. :) I did my scratch spin..it was kind of off centered but..I'll be working on that. hehehe..and my sit spin was just like where I left off. amazing. ahhhh and now my friends. I have to deal with the SORENESS. I haven't use those butt muscles for 2 years that are used in the sitspin. dear lord...I can barely walk. but..the funny thing is. I LOVE IT. its the happiest feeling in the world. that my butt hurts? not totally.. but the fact that being on the ice again is making me feel so good. its amazing. and I don't know why I even quit those 2 years.
wellllllll I just had to let that out.
I'm sure some of you fellow skaters understand what I am saying.
peace and <3
*Kerri*