View Full Version : Adult Pre-Bronze Test Results

MusicSkateFan
02-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Well after only 10 months on the ice(the past three with a coach, one 20 min lesson a week) I got through and passed my USFSA Adult pre-bronze moves and freestyles tests on Feb 27, 2005! It wasn't squeaky clean but the result came out right!

I am thankful for a great coach who works me to death and yet I still have fun and for the encouragement I get from fellow Adult skaters.

I am getting "sucked in" to the world of adult skating!

Not bad for a 38 yr guy!

YIPEEE :)

NoVa Sk8r
02-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Congrats on your accomplishment!

Now that you've passed these tests, you will surely get hooked into adult skating. Do you have any competition aspirations yet?

Good luck with your future bronze tests ... 8-)

Mel On Ice
02-28-2005, 01:35 PM
hooray! Watch out for the power 3s and the 5 step mohawk sequence in your next round of tests!

Mrs Redboots
02-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Excellent! Congratulations!

Raine
02-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Congrats--that's great, and after only ten months skating!

Cheers,
Raine

NickiT
02-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Great news. Huge congrats to you!

Nicki

sk8er1964
02-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Way to go! :D

skateflo
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
What wonderful news!!!!! Of course you realize there are many of us still struggling to be ready to test......and we might be just a wee bit envious but then more determined than ever!

How did a 38 yr old man get interested in figure skating - inquiring minds want the whole story!

FrankR
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Well after only 10 months on the ice(the past three with a coach, one 20 min lesson a week) I got through and passed my USFSA Adult pre-bronze moves and freestyles tests on Feb 27, 2005! It wasn't squeaky clean but the result came out right!

Congratulations!

Frank

Melzorina
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Wow, well done! After just 10 months? That's amazing!

...And extremely cool! What sort of things were you required to do?

MusicSkateFan
03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Well for the person who asked the "whole" story.

I have been a fan of figure skating for years. As a musician, I enjoy the music that is skated to (most of the time). My athletic side has been mostly devoted to weight training for the past 12 years.

I was a recreational in-line skater, who at times would do a toe-loop or a waltz jump. I happened to discover pic-skates and purchased a pair and began skating on them in Nov. of 2003. I started lessons on the pic skates in Jan of 2004 and soon was working on all single jumps, and some spins. I realized that there was not much in the way of competition for adults on these pic skates so I decided to try my true passion...the ICE. I purchased a pair of skates and started skating beginning April 2004. I soon became addicted and also met Adult competetive skaters from my area. After a summer of no skating in Europe, I realized how much I wanted ice lessons and began them in November of 2004. With a goal of passing the pre bronze in February, I went to as many public sessions as I could and a few freestyle ones as well. Now I am truly hooked and will begin working towards the Bronze moves test as soon as my coach feels that I am ready.

I do plan on staying with both of my coaches, Ice and in-line. My in-line coach is an excellent jump coach so I will keep working jumps with him and continue all ice elements with my Ice coach.

skatemex
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Congratulations!! That sounds great, I'm also a musician(classical pianist and do some singing as well).

vintagefreak
03-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Congrats! You've passed a big milestone. Hope you can continue working on and passing those pesky tests!

MusicSkateFan
03-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks for all of the cheers! I will start practicing those Bronze moves ASAP!

mikawendy
03-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Congrats on passing your test! And since you're a musician, maybe your club will try to talk you into composing some new music for the ice dances? ;) I have heard that there is some more recent music for ice dancers, but trust me, it's not in common circulation. Everyone I know, dancers and non-dancers (like me) complains about how M-O-N-O-T-O-N-O-U-S it can be to hear the same dances over and over again...