View Full Version : Music Suggestions??

_back_layback_
02-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Does anybody have any music suggestions for a novice ladies long program? I am looking for something folk-y, possibly Russian or Ukrainian. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
back layback. :D

Mrs Redboots
02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
It's probably a bit lame, but if someone had a soundtrack of the movie "Dr Zhivago", that is (apart from the over-used "Lara's theme") pretty "Russian", but western enough to be accessible.

MusicSkateFan
02-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Well on the classic side I would say for a lady....

"Moldau" by Smetana

Possibly a Lizt piano concerto.
Zoltan Kodaly's "Galanta Danses"

Try to stick to one piece when using "classical" music. I feel it is really awefull to edit two classical pieces together. I know many elite skaters who have done terrible editing and get way with it...that doesnt change my opinion!

vintagefreak
03-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Try listening to the group by the name of "Bond" and maybe you'll have some luck there. I love their music and some of it is "folksy" sounding.

sue123
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
kalinka!!! although i think it might too short for a long program, unless you could find somebody who made a longer recording. that's my favorite russian song. i've heard a bunch of russian foly music since i'm russian. i'll think of something else. but kalinka was the first thing that popped into my mind. but i'll look through my russian song playlist and see if anything else might be good.

sue123
03-02-2005, 04:27 PM
you could also try tsiganochka, but i can't remember a composer or anything. or ochin chornye (it means very dark, but on my comp., it was also labeled gypsy romance). i don't know how incredibly skateable it might be. i mean, there's places for good footwork, but i haven't listened to it closely enough. but it's my mom's favorite russian folk song. there are words, but i have an instrumental recording.